bincimap - Can I authenticate against /etc/passwd ? - Linux

This is a discussion on bincimap - Can I authenticate against /etc/passwd ? - Linux ; I have installed bincimap on my debian computer. I want to login using normal unix accounts, as held in /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow. How can I achieve this ? At the moment bincimap uses checkpw to authenticate. man checkpw reveals: checkpw ...

  1. bincimap - Can I authenticate against /etc/passwd ?

    I have installed bincimap on my debian computer.

    I want to login using normal unix accounts, as held in /etc/passwd
    or /etc/shadow.

    How can I achieve this ?

    At the moment bincimap uses checkpw to authenticate.

    man checkpw reveals:

    checkpw - checks the password against ~Maildir/.password

    This is not what I want. I just want normal unix authentication.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --

    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  2. Re: bincimap - Can I authenticate against /etc/passwd ?

    [fu-t set]

    in comp.mail.imap i read:

    >I have installed bincimap on my debian computer.
    >
    >I want to login using normal unix accounts, as held in /etc/passwd
    > or /etc/shadow.
    >
    >How can I achieve this ?

    write a program. something that works as bincimap expects.

    --
    a signature

+ Reply to Thread