remote syslog - Linux

This is a discussion on remote syslog - Linux ; I having my linux boxes sending there syslog data to a remote box but how do I enable to box to still keep a log on the local box too?...

  1. remote syslog

    I having my linux boxes sending there syslog data to a remote box but
    how do I enable to box to still keep a log on the local box too?

  2. Re: remote syslog

    In article <1111705003.867474.196110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    spiv007@gmail.com wrote:

    >I having my linux boxes sending there syslog data to a remote box but
    >how do I enable to box to still keep a log on the local box too?

    man syslog.conf

    You put two lines in the file. For example,

    *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none /var/log/messages
    *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none @remote.host.name

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread