[News] fglrx Brings AIGLX to ATI Cards - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] fglrx Brings AIGLX to ATI Cards - Linux ; fglrx 8.42.3 Available For Download http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11287 AMD 8.42 Driver Brings Fixes, AIGLX! ,----[ Quote ] | For ATI Linux customers, last month was certainly a very exciting time from | AMD announcing open specifications (and the subsequent delivery of the ...

  1. [News] fglrx Brings AIGLX to ATI Cards

    fglrx 8.42.3 Available For Download

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11287

    AMD 8.42 Driver Brings Fixes, AIGLX!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For ATI Linux customers, last month was certainly a very exciting time from
    | AMD announcing open specifications (and the subsequent delivery of the first
    | batch and the creation of the RadeonHD driver) to the release of the fglrx
    | 8.41 display driver.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=887&num=1

    Another big milestone towards easy Linux eye candy and gaming.

    Related:

    Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
    | have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
    | before the beta.
    `----

    http://topicpulse.com/articles/artic...e_with_compiz/

  2. Re: [News] fglrx Brings AIGLX to ATI Cards

    wrote
    on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 03:47:41 +0100
    <4719695.IvnM7W1lmN@schestowitz.com>:
    > fglrx 8.42.3 Available For Download
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11287
    >
    > AMD 8.42 Driver Brings Fixes, AIGLX!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | For ATI Linux customers, last month was certainly a very exciting time from
    > | AMD announcing open specifications (and the subsequent delivery of the first
    > | batch and the creation of the RadeonHD driver) to the release of the fglrx
    > | 8.41 display driver.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=887&num=1

    The new version might be news. However, fglrx and the
    ATI proprietary drivers (there's also a freeware set;
    the two might even have merged by now but I use nVidia
    equipment and haven't been keeping track) have been out
    for quite some time.

    > Another big milestone towards easy Linux eye candy and gaming.
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
    > | have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
    > | before the beta.
    > `----
    >
    > http://topicpulse.com/articles/artic...e_with_compiz/

    Should simplify things for the first time user, with any luck.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

  3. Re: [News] fglrx Brings AIGLX to ATI Cards

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 24 October 2007 16:40 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > wrote
    > on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 03:47:41 +0100
    > <4719695.IvnM7W1lmN@schestowitz.com>:
    >> fglrx 8.42.3 Available For Download
    >>
    >> http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11287
    >>
    >> AMD 8.42 Driver Brings Fixes, AIGLX!
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | For ATI Linux customers, last month was certainly a very exciting time
    >> | from AMD announcing open specifications (and the subsequent delivery of
    >> | the first batch and the creation of the RadeonHD driver) to the release of
    >> | the fglrx 8.41 display driver.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=887&num=1

    > The new version might be news. However, fglrx and the
    > ATI proprietary drivers (there's also a freeware set;
    > the two might even have merged by now but I use nVidia
    > equipment and haven't been keeping track) have been out
    > for quite some time.
    >

    >> Another big milestone towards easy Linux eye candy and gaming.
    >>

    >> Related:
    >>
    >> Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
    >> | have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
    >> | before the beta.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://topicpulse.com/articles/artic...e_with_compiz/

    > Should simplify things for the first time user, with any luck.

    Not sure about "simplify" (4 desktops and all that), but simplify /setup/ for
    sure, for those who want it.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
    17:05:01 up 8 days, 1:50, 3 users, load average: 0.90, 0.85, 0.87