Platform: no operating system - Linux

This is a discussion on Platform: no operating system - Linux ; Amazon got that right http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...3194276&sr=1-7...

  1. Platform: no operating system

  2. Re: Platform: no operating system

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:57:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Amazon got that right
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...dp/B0000YE3QI/

    ref=sr_1_7/103-0376515-9255044?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1193194276&sr=1-7

    Why do you care?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Platform: no operating system

    Rick :
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:57:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Amazon got that right
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...dp/B0000YE3QI/

    > ref=sr_1_7/103-0376515-9255044?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1193194276&sr=1-7
    >
    > Why do you care?

    I'm starting to wonder myself. What's up DFS? You're bashing Slamd64 and
    Ubuntu laboriously, but there is so much more! Bash Slackware for me,
    that's my distro. And no, Slamd64 is not Slackware.

    How about focusing on BSD init based systems or just KDE desktop
    systems? Or maybe systems that just boot from CD? The chouce provided is
    really, really cool!

    --
    All of life is a blur of Republicans and meat!

    http://www.websterscafe.com

  4. Re: Platform: no operating system

    ____/ Rick on Wednesday 24 October 2007 04:05 : \____

    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:57:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Amazon got that right
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...dp/B0000YE3QI/

    > ref=sr_1_7/103-0376515-9255044?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1193194276&sr=1-7
    >
    > Why do you care?

    Why feed that shilldiot? He's posting anti-Linux messages in a pro-Linux
    newsgroup. He's worthless troll that deserves the killfile.

  5. Re: Platform: no operating system

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Amazon got that right
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...3194276&sr=1-7

    Same URL, different bullcrap.

    --
    Tux rox!

  6. Re: Platform: no operating system

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Handover Phist

    wrote
    on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:13:28 GMT
    :
    > Rick :
    >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:57:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Amazon got that right
    >>>
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...dp/B0000YE3QI/

    >> ref=sr_1_7/103-0376515-9255044?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1193194276&sr=1-7
    >>
    >> Why do you care?

    > I'm starting to wonder myself. What's up DFS? You're bashing Slamd64 and
    > Ubuntu laboriously, but there is so much more! Bash Slackware for me,
    > that's my distro. And no, Slamd64 is not Slackware.

    Indeed. And while DFS is at it he can bash Gentoo,
    PcLinuxOS, RedHat, Fedora, Mandriva, Damn Small, and
    Puppy as well. (He can't bash TurboLinux and Novell.
    They've been indemnified.)

    > How about focusing on BSD init based systems or just
    > KDE desktop systems? Or maybe systems that just boot
    > from CD? The chouce provided is really, really cool!

    Indeed; that's one of the things I like about Linux,
    the ability to switch distros at a whim. Of course,
    I've long since fixed on Gentoo anyway, but occasionally
    run other distros within QEMU.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Now in nine exciting editions. Try them all!

  7. Re: Platform: no operating system

    [H]omer wrote:

    >Verily I say unto thee, that Handover Phist spake thusly:
    >
    >> I'm starting to wonder myself. What's up DFS?

    Has he ever been anything but a cheap-shot artist? Not that I've
    noticed.

    >He's running out of Linux-Bashing ideas, and he's desperate to make up
    >his quota, before Sweaty threatens him with the grease-gun.

    Ran out years ago, actually. Even with DumFSck filtered, I see the
    same lies repeated again and again.

  8. Re: Platform: no operating system

    [H]omer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Handover Phist spake thusly:
    >
    >> I'm starting to wonder myself. What's up DFS?

    > He's running out of Linux-Bashing ideas, and he's desperate to make up
    > his quota, before Sweaty threatens him with the grease-gun.
    >
    > In fact he's getting so desperate, that he's even resorted to
    > nymshifting using female names like Sophie McDowell, in order to
    > circumvent killfiles and get attention.

    Is he? Well he's failed miserably to get around them here.

    > If he keeps this up, DooFy and flatty might end up sharing a bunk at the
    > mental hospital. Well, and least they'll have plenty to talk about, and
    > they can swap bras and skirts when the mood strikes them.

    LOL!
    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0

  9. Re: Platform: no operating system

    [H]omer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> Amazon got that right
    >>>
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/SuSE-LINUX-STA...3194276&sr=1-7

    >> Same URL, different bullcrap.

    > What I want to know is, why is DooFy suddenly shopping for GNU/Linux?

    I'm lately doing a sociological study of poverty in computing; the ethical
    and moral destitution displayed by you and other cola "advocates" is
    interesting.

    > Has the stress of pretending that he likes Vista finally mad him snap?

    I have no great affection for Vista. It looks purty and worked well enough
    in the few hours I used it, and it'll be hosting some DX10 games at some
    point, but if I hadn't gotten it free (Business version from MS for watching
    technical webcasts) I probably would never have bought it - or might have
    bought an OEM edition of Home Premium for $125 or so.

    If there were decent apps and games in the wacky world of OSS I wouldn't get
    so crabby when I boot into Linux.

+ Reply to Thread