[Microsoft laughs gleefully as Linux distro downloads are blocked and SaaS
leaves people hanging]

Comcast traffic blocking: even more apps, groupware clients affected

,----[ Quote ]
| Even if you accept the argument that all P2P traffic is inherently evil, and
| that Comcast has the right to disrupt it in order to put a stop to copyright
| infringement, Comcast's traffic-shaping efforts have apparently extended
| beyond the realm of P2P and into good old enterprise groupware. Kevin
| Kanarski, who works as a Lotus Notes messaging engineer, noticed some strange
| behavior with Lotus Notes when hooked up to a Comcast connection last month.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-affected.html

Comcast: We’re Delaying, Not Blocking, BitTorrent Traffic

,----[ Quote ]
| The executive declined to talk in detail about the technology, citing
| spammers or other miscreants who might exploit that knowledge.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/1...rrent-traffic/

Related:

Is Comcast's BitTorrent filtering violating the law?

,----[ Quote ]
| Assuming that the SYN packet goes through, the three-way handshake is allowed
| to happen, then the two hosts will be able to begin communicating. Your ISP
| can still kill the connection later, should they wish to, merely by blocking
| the transmission of future packets.
|
| According to Torrent Freak, Comcast is not doing this. They are instead
| sending a reset (or RST) packet to the Comcast customer, pretending to be
| from the host at the end of the BitTorrent connection.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13739_1-9769645-46.html

Comcast Cuts Off Heavy Internet Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers complain bandwidth limits are secret.
`----

http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/20...ban.html?imw=Y

Torrentspy Disables Searching For US IPs

| Torrent indexing site Torrentspy.com appears to have disabled torrent
| searches for IPs that originate in the United States.
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...41244&from=rss

Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic, Seeding Impossible

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-thro...ng-impossible/