[News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs - Linux ; ITWire: Microsoft Engineer Admits Vista Bloat ,----[ Quote ] | Each version of Windows has been more bloated. Worse, since the Internet, | Microsoft's pride and joy OS hasn't been so safe. " `---- http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/10/22.9.shtml Why I like Mac OS ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    ITWire: Microsoft Engineer Admits Vista Bloat

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Each version of Windows has been more bloated. Worse, since the Internet,
    | Microsoft's pride and joy OS hasn't been so safe. "
    `----

    http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/10/22.9.shtml

    Why I like Mac OS X more than Vista

    http://www.rickysays.com/why-i-love-...ore-than-vista

    Another victim of Vista's death knell to PC sales?

    Hitachi stops making consumer PCs

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...aking-consumer

    Related:

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

    Currys group blames Vista for poor sales

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DSG, the group behind Currys and PC World, has warned that poor sales of
    | Vista could slash its profits by around £20 million.
    `----

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/131507/c...oor-sales.html

    DSG continues retailer woes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DSG, the company formerly known as Dixons, became the latest British retailer
    | to report a drop in profits for the summer months today. But it wasn’t all
    | down to the rotten weather – this time it was also Microsoft’s fault.
    `----

    http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/new...retailer-woes/

    Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
    | island which is paralysed by coups.
    |
    | In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
    | Vista has "high impact" problems.
    `----

    Microsoft Vista Waster

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Computer and software manufacturers have turned computers from a convenient
    | tool to a means of dictating to us what to buy next.
    `----

    http://flyingimam.blogspot.com/2007/...ta-waster.html

    Why the Unbundling Windows Sceptics are Wrong

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft has introduced a number of measures in recent versions of Windows
    | which are designed to stop piracy of Windows. In effect, they have provided
    | their own answer to this question.
    `----

    http://www.cybersource.com.au/users/...are_wrong.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Acer: PC industry 'disappointed' with Vista

    Is this the 20th or 30th time you've reposted that link and quote?

    Linux advocacy == blind anti-MS rage and repetitive stupidity

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    "DFS" wrote in message
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Acer: PC industry 'disappointed' with Vista

    > Is this the 20th or 30th time you've reposted that link and quote?
    >
    > Linux advocacy == blind anti-MS rage and repetitive stupidity

    Yes indeed. EVERY single system that ACER sells recomments Vista. Only in
    the mind of a dishonest liar like Roy Schestowitz is Acer angry at
    Microsoft.

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asx3600.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl5100.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl3600.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl320.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl310.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl100.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asx3100.htm
    "Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium"

    etc, etc, etc. EVERY single laptop and desktop ACER sells recommends Vista.
    Total number of linux recommendations = ZERO

    Oh look - Acer runs their global website on Microsoft products too.

    Netcraft.com
    Results for global.acer.com
    Found 1 site

    Site Site Report First seen Netblock OS
    1. www.global.acer.com March 2000 Acer CyberCenter Services,Inc. Windows
    2000

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    ____/ Simon Templar on Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:04 : \____

    > linux recommendations

    Who are you? Another incarnation of Nudds, AKA Scott Douglas?

    *plonk*

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | No SCO code was used to generate this sig

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote
    > ____/ Simon Templar on Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:04 : \____
    >
    >> linux recommendations

    > Who are you? Another incarnation of Nudds, AKA Scott Douglas?
    >

    > *plonk*

    ^^^^^^^^^

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Simon Templar on Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:04 : \____
    >
    >> linux recommendations

    > Who are you? Another incarnation of Nudds, AKA Scott Douglas?
    >

    > *plonk*

    When we see such simplistic dishonest tactics being adopted by Timmy,
    Erik, Scott, Gary and co, then I think we can say that we are well into
    the end-game. They've abandoned any pretence of honest or open
    discussion.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Mac Sites Identify Vista's Problems, Hitachi Gives Up on (Windows) PCs

    ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 26 October 2007 15:50 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Simon Templar on Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:04 : \____
    >>
    >>> linux recommendations

    >> Who are you? Another incarnation of Nudds, AKA Scott Douglas?
    >>

    >> *plonk*
    >>

    > When we see such simplistic dishonest tactics being adopted by Timmy,
    > Erik, Scott, Gary and co, then I think we can say that we are well into
    > the end-game. They've abandoned any pretence of honest or open
    > discussion.

    At least a couple of them are also at Digg now, modding down each of my
    comments. I still try to align the username with the COLA handle. As for
    trolls like Gary and Scott, their fake identities expire after 24 hours, which
    makes plonking weak (and inflated or complex).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.
    ~Linus Torvalds
    Tasks: 111 total, 1 running, 110 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie