Linux: more than a little frustrating - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: more than a little frustrating - Linux ; Peter Köhlmann wrote: > DFS wrote: > >> William Poaster wrote: >> >>> Note, he was writing TO the Linux partition FROM Windoze. When he >>> STOPPED doing that, he didn't lose any data. >>> >>> Now I believe we ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Linux: more than a little frustrating

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Note, he was writing TO the Linux partition FROM Windoze. When he
    >>> STOPPED doing that, he didn't lose any data.
    >>>
    >>> Now I believe we know who the *real* culprit in this was, & it
    >>> *wasn't* Linux.

    >> uh huh. I'm sure Microsoft wrote those ext3 drivers...
    >>
    >> http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html

    > This is the fault of linux exactly how?

    So Linux is just the kernel?

    > Did you per chance notice that this thread, that *you* in your
    > infinite dishonesty started with outright lies, is allegedly about a
    > fault of *linux*
    > At least that is what *you* tried to imply

    That's what the guy with the corrupted files said.

  2. Re: Linux: more than a little frustrating

    DFS wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> uh huh. I'm sure Microsoft wrote those ext3 drivers...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html

    >> This is the fault of linux exactly how?

    > So Linux is just the kernel?

    This has *nothing* to do with linux, you dishonest twit

    It has to do with a third-rate *windows* driver for ext2.
    Written by a windows guy. Run on windows.

    >> Did you per chance notice that this thread, that *you* in your
    >> infinite dishonesty started with outright lies, is allegedly about a
    >> fault of *linux*
    >> At least that is what *you* tried to imply

    > That's what the guy with the corrupted files said.

    That guy is nearly as stupid as you are, it seems
    Bread is real smart compared to you both
    --
    Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

  3. Re: Linux: more than a little frustrating

    On 2007-10-23, DFS wrote:
    > "My understanding is that EXT3 is supposed to prevent data loss, yet I've
    > never lost this much data this many times in such a short period of time
    > when I was using Windows 95-XP."

    ...which includes a nice little tidbit.

    He's been writing to his ext3 partitions in Windows using some Windows hack.

    No f*cking wonder he's having problems.

    He doesn't try to write to NTFS partitions from Linux but doens't feel that it's
    a problem to do the inverse.

    Back in the day I powered off (or rather my wife did) my ext2 based system on a
    very frequent basis and never suffered any data loss. This was done as a convenience to
    the non-linux using spouse.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2