"Three judges have agreed that hacker Gary McKinnon can appeal to the
House of Lords against his extradition order to the US"

"According to the charges brought against him in 2002, McKinnon's hacks
caused more than $900,000 (£450,000) in damage to various computer
networks; in the case of one military network, administrators had to
spend three days cleaning up after the breach"

'Gary McKinnon was arrested in 2002 following charges by U.S.
prosecutors that he .. causing $700,000 worth of damage'

'Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat—Network
Status—and it lists all the connections to that machine .. There were
hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand … Every night.'

"McKinnon exploited unpatched vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows to
break into the servers, authorities said at the time"

'Using commercially available software, Mr McKinnon probed dozens of US
military and government networks. He found many machines without
adequate password or firewall protection'

'He was caught after US military agencies detected system intrusions
which were traced back to the UK'

"I'd instant message them, using WordPad, with a bit of a political
diatribe. You know, I'd leave a message on their desktop that read
'Secret government is blah blah blah.'"

http://www.theregister.com/2006/04/2...view/comments/

So the alleged intrusion detection was a Wordpad file .. they found Gary
in the end because he'd used his own email address to download a remote
desktop program called RemotelyAnywhere and installed it on passwordless
machines and sent the admin wordpad messages ..

http://snipurl.com/1sjas
http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...fm?newsid=5785

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time.
Not good for the intellect."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...523143,00.html