Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket - Linux ; ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:45 : \____ > The fourth member of the Monkey Club: > > .---- > | Turbolinux has become the latest Linux company to sign an > | IP-protection assurance deal with Microsoft, ...

  1. Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket

    ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:45 : \____

    > The fourth member of the Monkey Club:
    >
    > .----
    > | Turbolinux has become the latest Linux company to sign an
    > | IP-protection assurance deal with Microsoft, following in the
    > | footsteps of Novell, Xandros, Linspire.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2804920911.html

    That would be another domain name.

    Not a big surprise here.

    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/10/turbolinux-ooxml/

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
    11:20:01 up 6 days, 20:05, 3 users, load average: 1.31, 1.20, 1.19

  2. Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:45 : \____
    >
    >> The fourth member of the Monkey Club:
    >>
    >> .----
    >> | Turbolinux has become the latest Linux company to sign an
    >> | IP-protection assurance deal with Microsoft, following in the
    >> | footsteps of Novell, Xandros, Linspire.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2804920911.html

    > That would be another domain name.
    >
    > Not a big surprise here.
    >
    > http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/10/turbolinux-ooxml/

    Another distro in financial trouble, one must assume.

  3. Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket

    ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:26 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:45 : \____
    >>
    >>> The fourth member of the Monkey Club:
    >>>
    >>> .----
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2804920911.html

    >> That would be another domain name.
    >>
    >> Not a big surprise here.
    >>
    >> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/10/turbolinux-ooxml/
    >>

    > Another distro in financial trouble, one must assume.

    Yes, that's what I thought. The Wizpy was killed by iPhones at al as well. Big
    budget hole, I presume. You should see the reactions in blogs. As for the
    press, they drink the Microsoft kool-aid: collaboration, Linux gets help from
    Microsoft, 'protection', Japanese users 'protected'.

    I once received an enquiry from the press (on Novell)... they still focus on
    the garbage Novell and Microsoft PR tell them. Disgraceful!

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com

  4. Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:26 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:45 : \____

    >>> That would be another domain name.
    >>>
    >>> Not a big surprise here.
    >>>
    >>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/10/turbolinux-ooxml/
    >>>

    >> Another distro in financial trouble, one must assume.

    > Yes, that's what I thought. The Wizpy was killed by iPhones at al as well. Big
    > budget hole, I presume. You should see the reactions in blogs. As for the
    > press, they drink the Microsoft kool-aid: collaboration, Linux gets help from
    > Microsoft, 'protection', Japanese users 'protected'.
    >
    > I once received an enquiry from the press (on Novell)... they still focus on
    > the garbage Novell and Microsoft PR tell them. Disgraceful!

    I find it amazing that the press can fall for such clear and obvious
    lies.

  5. Re: [News] TurboLinux joins Microsoft's Protection Racket

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 25 October 2007 08:19 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:26 : \____
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Another distro in financial trouble, one must assume.

    >> Yes, that's what I thought. The Wizpy was killed by iPhones at al as well.
    >> Big budget hole, I presume. You should see the reactions in blogs. As for
    >> the press, they drink the Microsoft kool-aid: collaboration, Linux gets help
    >> from Microsoft, 'protection', Japanese users 'protected'.
    >>
    >> I once received an enquiry from the press (on Novell)... they still focus on
    >> the garbage Novell and Microsoft PR tell them. Disgraceful!
    >>

    > I find it amazing that the press can fall for such clear and obvious
    > lies.

    Have a look at this one-sided article (PR for the oppressors and the
    imperialists):

    http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/li...ise/59300.html

    Sadly, she /did/ try to contact me and include the other side of the story, but
    Microsoft Windows zombie spewage clogged up my inbox, so I didn't get the mail
    in time.

    The journalists are just pawns for the Chess games. We're all pawns. The Big
    Vendors are the queens.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: most popular O/S, yet not most widespread
    run-level 2 2007-10-16 15:14 last=