System hangs on shutdown - Linux

This is a discussion on System hangs on shutdown - Linux ; I have installed Fedora Core 2 on my PC. When I give the "shutdown -h now" command, the system hangs on whatever comes after "unmounting filesystems", which gets an [ok]. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might ...

  1. System hangs on shutdown

    I have installed Fedora Core 2 on my PC. When I give the "shutdown -h
    now" command, the system hangs on whatever comes after "unmounting
    filesystems", which gets an [ok].

    Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be and how I go
    about fixing it?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: System hangs on shutdown

    VicLayne@yahoo.com pise na comp.os.linux:
    > I have installed Fedora Core 2 on my PC. When I give the "shutdown -h
    > now" command, the system hangs on whatever comes after "unmounting
    > filesystems", which gets an [ok].
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be and how I go
    > about fixing it?
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.

    your acpi/apm is not set well. Try to recompile the kernel and include
    support for acpi and that should do the trick.

    --
    ____ __ ___| | ___ Ignorance is .~. hrvoje.spoljar@><.pbf.hr
    (_-< '_ \/ _ \ |_/ -_) bliss, but / V \ irc # RoCkY

  3. Re: System hangs on shutdown

    Hrvoje Spoljar wrote:
    > VicLayne@yahoo.com pise na comp.os.linux:
    >
    >>I have installed Fedora Core 2 on my PC. When I give the "shutdown -h
    >>now" command, the system hangs on whatever comes after "unmounting
    >>filesystems", which gets an [ok].
    >>
    >>Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be and how I go
    >>about fixing it?
    >>
    >>Any help greatly appreciated.

    > your acpi/apm is not set well. Try to recompile the kernel and include
    > support for acpi and that should do the trick.

    First check that 'apm=off' is not one of your boot options

+ Reply to Thread