Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade - Linux ; "Rick" stated in post 13hov7mk71pqm85@news.supernews.com on 10/22/07 3:35 AM: > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:29:21 -0700, Snit wrote: > >> "Rick" stated in post >> 13hnsursqo3ad72@news.supernews.com on 10/21/07 5:50 PM: >> >>>> In other words, you arrange your windows ...

  1. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    "Rick" stated in post 13hov7mk71pqm85@news.supernews.com
    on 10/22/07 3:35 AM:

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:29:21 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 13hnsursqo3ad72@news.supernews.com on 10/21/07 5:50 PM:

    >>> That depends on what you mean by "arrange your windows by task". I open
    >>> related documents on the same desktop.

    >>> No, I'm not.

    >>> From what I have seen, heard, read, people generally figure out an
    >>> optimum numbe of desktops for them, and usually do not need to create
    >>> new desktops.

    >> But they still have to think about what desktop to go to before they
    >> open a new window. This adds cognitive overhead... no matter how you
    >> slice it.

    > People have to think about which documents will be hidden and which they
    > will need when they use Apple's way of hiding applications. This adds
    > more overhead.

    There is no organization overhead, nor creation of a mental map larger than
    the actual screen.

    > I suppose you have never had papers for different projects placed on
    > different tables to keep them separate.

    You make odd and irrelevant suppositions...

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  2. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post 13hov7mk71pqm85@news.supernews.com
    > on 10/22/07 3:35 AM:
    >
    > > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:29:21 -0700, Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Rick" stated in post
    > >> 13hnsursqo3ad72@news.supernews.com on 10/21/07 5:50 PM:

    > >> But they still have to think about what desktop to go to before they
    > >> open a new window. This adds cognitive overhead... no matter how you
    > >> slice it.

    > > People have to think about which documents will be hidden and which they
    > > will need when they use Apple's way of hiding applications. This adds
    > > more overhead.

    > There is no organization overhead, nor creation of a mental map larger than
    > the actual screen.
    >
    > > I suppose you have never had papers for different projects placed on
    > > different tables to keep them separate.

    > You make odd and irrelevant suppositions...

    Are you still feeling well, Snit? You did not reply to a Steve Carroll
    post again.

    --
    Posted from my 1999 Apple G4 Sawtooth
    A 450 MHz G4 running OS X 10.4.8

  3. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    "Jim Lee Jr." stated in post
    peejster01-1D5AFE.02261923102007@unl...ewshosting.com on 10/23/07 12:26
    AM:

    >> You make odd and irrelevant suppositions...

    > Are you still feeling well, Snit? You did not reply to a Steve Carroll
    > post again.

    Two reasons:

    1) Steve has given up even trying to make sense - he used to actually try to
    defend his lies and accusations - now he just replaces the content of posts
    he is responding to... often with animal noises. Not much fun. In other
    words, his white flag is being accepted - he has given up.

    2) There is another troll I was having more fun with.

    --
    The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is
    generally employed only by small children and large nations. - David

  4. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Jim Lee Jr." stated in post
    > peejster01-1D5AFE.02261923102007@unl...ewshosting.com on 10/23/07 12:26
    > AM:
    >
    > >> You make odd and irrelevant suppositions...

    > > Are you still feeling well, Snit? You did not reply to a Steve Carroll
    > > post again.

    > Two reasons:
    >
    > 1) Steve has given up even trying to make sense -

    I'm glad I don't make "sense" to *you*, Snit... if I did I'd be worried

    --
    "None of you can be honest... you are all pathetic." - Snit
    "I do not KF people" - Snit

  5. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    noone-92A487.11005524102007@newsgroups.comcast.net on 10/24/07 10:00 AM:

    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim Lee Jr." stated in post
    >> peejster01-1D5AFE.02261923102007@unl...ewshosting.com on 10/23/07 12:26
    >> AM:

    >>> Are you still feeling well, Snit? You did not reply to a Steve Carroll
    >>> post again.

    >> Two reasons:
    >>
    >> 1) Steve has given up even trying to make sense -

    > I'm glad I don't make "sense" to *you*, Snit... if I did I'd be worried

    Gee, your snipping of all content and replacing it with brocking is so
    meaningful to others.

    LOL!

    Face it, Steve: even you have stopped trying to defend many of your lies.
    Here, let's give you another chance to prove me wrong - support these claims
    you have recently fabricated about me:

    you're the moderator, Snit

    Being that you don't comprehend the concept of engaging in
    a form of self government (and prove it almost every chance
    you get) this idea is completely lost on you.

    As repair or replace is the reality of the situation it's
    good that you are seen agreeing with reality...
    [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]

    Hint: In "war and in the death penalty" the death of innocent
    people is not the goal.
    [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]

    and yet you claim to be willing to wait for a software fix
    [for a dead fan] that will be available

    Interesting position you've taken here... it's "stupidity" for
    someone to believe you should take responsibility for an action
    you've taken.

    Complete lies from you. About me. You are a liar, Steve... and you have
    given up even trying to make it seem otherwise.

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  6. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > noone-92A487.11005524102007@newsgroups.comcast.net on 10/24/07 10:00 AM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Jim Lee Jr." stated in post
    > >> peejster01-1D5AFE.02261923102007@unl...ewshosting.com on 10/23/07
    > >> 12:26
    > >> AM:

    > >> Two reasons:
    > >>
    > >> 1) Steve has given up even trying to make sense -

    > > I'm glad I don't make "sense" to *you*, Snit... if I did I'd be worried

    >Grunt grunt brock brawk neigh brock chirp brawk.

    Nice Snitting

    --
    "None of you can be honest... you are all pathetic." - Snit
    "I do not KF people" - Snit
    "Not only do I lie about what others are claiming,
    I show evidence from the records".-Snit
    "You should take one of my IT classes some day." - Snit
    "People can *not* make their own ring tones without hacks or work-arounds".-Snit

  7. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    noone-33FC6B.15020024102007@newsgroups.comcast.net on 10/24/07 2:02 PM:

    >>> I'm glad I don't make "sense" to *you*, Snit... if I did I'd be worried

    >> Gee, your snipping of all content and replacing it with brocking is so
    >> meaningful to others.
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> Face it, Steve: even you have stopped trying to defend many of your lies.
    >> Here, let's give you another chance to prove me wrong - support these claims
    >> you have recently fabricated about me:
    >>
    >> you're the moderator, Snit
    >>
    >> Being that you don't comprehend the concept of engaging in
    >> a form of self government (and prove it almost every chance
    >> you get) this idea is completely lost on you.
    >>
    >> As repair or replace is the reality of the situation it's
    >> good that you are seen agreeing with reality...
    >> [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]
    >>
    >> Hint: In "war and in the death penalty" the death of innocent
    >> people is not the goal.
    >> [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]
    >>
    >> and yet you claim to be willing to wait for a software fix
    >> [for a dead fan] that will be available
    >>
    >> Interesting position you've taken here... it's "stupidity" for
    >> someone to believe you should take responsibility for an action
    >> you've taken.
    >>
    >> Complete lies from you. About me. You are a liar, Steve... and you have
    >> given up even trying to make it seem otherwise.

    > Grunt grunt brock brawk neigh brock chirp brawk.
    >
    > Nice Snitting

    I accept that is your best support - in other words you have none. See,
    Steve, not even you are pretending to be anything other than a liar - you do
    not even pretend to defend your lies.

    There was a time you were a more amusing troll... oh well... I have
    countered your lies enough time for even you to give up trying to defend
    many of them: that much is very clear.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  8. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > noone-33FC6B.15020024102007@newsgroups.comcast.net on 10/24/07 2:02 PM:

    > >> Gee, your snipping of all content and replacing it with brocking is so
    > >> meaningful to others.
    > >>
    > >> LOL!
    > >>
    > >> Face it, Steve: even you have stopped trying to defend many of your lies.
    > >> Here, let's give you another chance to prove me wrong - support these
    > >> claims
    > >> you have recently fabricated about me:
    > >>
    > >> you're the moderator, Snit
    > >>
    > >> Being that you don't comprehend the concept of engaging in
    > >> a form of self government (and prove it almost every chance
    > >> you get) this idea is completely lost on you.
    > >>
    > >> As repair or replace is the reality of the situation it's
    > >> good that you are seen agreeing with reality...
    > >> [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]
    > >>
    > >> Hint: In "war and in the death penalty" the death of innocent
    > >> people is not the goal.
    > >> [You fabricated the implication I ever said otherwise]
    > >>
    > >> and yet you claim to be willing to wait for a software fix
    > >> [for a dead fan] that will be available
    > >>
    > >> Interesting position you've taken here... it's "stupidity" for
    > >> someone to believe you should take responsibility for an action
    > >> you've taken.
    > >>
    > >> Complete lies from you. About me. You are a liar, Steve... and you have
    > >> given up even trying to make it seem otherwise.

    > > Grunt grunt brock brawk neigh brock chirp brawk.
    > >
    > > Nice Snitting

    > Brawk brooock bark maaah! Quack moo oink baaah cluck cluck chirp chirp moo.
    > Maaah brawk quack cluck. Brawk moooo quack. Maaah brawk brock brawk. Quack tweet
    > brooock quack.

    OK.

    --
    "None of you can be honest... you are all pathetic." - Snit
    "I do not KF people" - Snit
    "Not only do I lie about what others are claiming,
    I show evidence from the records".-Snit
    "You should take one of my IT classes some day." - Snit
    "People can *not* make their own ring tones without hacks or work-arounds".-Snit

  9. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    noone-99AD9A.16035424102007@newsgroups.comcast.net on 10/24/07 3:03 PM:

    >>> Grunt grunt brock brawk neigh brock chirp brawk.
    >>>
    >>> Nice Snitting
    >>>

    >> I accept that is your best support - in other words you have none. See,
    >> Steve, not even you are pretending to be anything other than a liar - you do
    >> not even pretend to defend your lies.
    >>
    >> There was a time you were a more amusing troll... oh well... I have countered
    >> your lies enough time for even you to give up trying to defend many of them:
    >> that much is very clear.

    > Brawk brooock bark maaah! Quack moo oink baaah cluck cluck chirp chirp moo.
    > Maaah brawk quack cluck. Brawk moooo quack. Maaah brawk brock brawk. Quack
    > tweet brooock quack.
    >
    > OK.

    And my point is proved. OK indeed.

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  10. Re: OS X Leopard: A beautiful upgrade

    OK... thanks.

    --
    "None of you can be honest... you are all pathetic." - Snit
    "I do not KF people" - Snit
    "Not only do I lie about what others are claiming,
    I show evidence from the records".-Snit
    "You should take one of my IT classes some day." - Snit
    "People can *not* make their own ring tones without hacks or work-arounds".-Snit

+ Reply to Thread