Mythbuntu 7.10 is now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mythbuntu team is proud to present the first stable release of Mythbuntu.
| This release is based upon Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon).
`----

http://www.mythbuntu.org/7.10/Release

http://www.mythbuntu.org/

"Mythbuntu uses the XFCE4 desktop. All unnecessary applications such as
OpenOffice, Evolution, and a full Gnome desktop are not installed for a
Mythbuntu installation."

Related:

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software.
`----

http://tinyurl.com/34as9b

Media Portal Xface Skin Version 1.0 | Competition for Vista MCE?

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing about open source software: you never know how people will improve
| it. Take Media Portal for instance. I have tried it but ultimately went with
| BeyondTV to watch TV on my computer. That, however, might change though with
| the release of Xface Skin Version 1.0.
`----

http://www.floppyhead.com/2007/09/29...for-vista-mce/

Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in
Line

,----[ Quote ]
| Alec Saunders, a former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Canada, had a
| bone to pick with Windows Vista.
`----

http://soft-vn.net/windows/former-wi...348-11536.aspx

Linux media center distro adds flashy features

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxMCE appears to comprise a set of add-ons -- such as the MythTV DVR
| (digital video recorder), for example -- that sit on top of Kubuntu, the
| version of Ubuntu that uses KDE (K desktop environment). It adds numerous
| fancy features, including the optional alpha-blended UI (user interface)
| shown in the screenshots below.
`----

LinuxMCE 0704 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| "LinuxMCE 0704 is a major improvement over the original 1.0 release.
| According to a poll, 86% now report LinuxMCE installs and starts up without
| problems, versus 27% with the original release.
`----

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Softw...-Released.html

LinuxMCE 1.1 Released -- Now Runs KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| There's also word that LinuxMCE, since it works so well with the
| KDE desktop environment, that the guys at the KDE project are
| seriously considering integrating LinuxMCE into their upcoming
| 4.0 release. Now this is HUGE! If combined in the KDE 4.0 release,
| LinuxMCE + Kubuntu would be a free, open-source competitor/aternative
| to Windows Vista Ultimate.
`----

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3891/linuxmce_1_1

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Alpha 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the Mythbuntu team is announcing our second alpha image.
`----

http://www.mythbuntu.org/node/13

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Alpha 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marks the release for the third Mythbuntu alpha image. With this
| release, we introduce an AMD64 built image as well a standard x86 build.
| Should there be enough demand for a PPC build, we will do one of this for the
| next alpha.
`----

http://www.mythbuntu.org/node/44

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Beta