[News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead - Linux ; http://www.showusyourwow.com/ "Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed." Site broken. Wow!...

  1. [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    http://www.showusyourwow.com/

    "Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

    Site broken. Wow!

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:18:07 +0100, "[H]omer" wrote:

    >Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
    >
    >> http://www.showusyourwow.com/
    >>
    >> "Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow
    >> contents to be listed."
    >>
    >> Site broken. Wow!

    >The official explanation from Microsoft is that the Wows they expected
    >actually manifested as deathly silence, as people began to realise how
    >unbelievably crap Vista is:
    >
    >http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=851
    >
    >In reality, the "Wow" turned out to be a "W... W... What the F...???"

    Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    "OK" schreef in bericht
    newsljrh3piqgbgto28ctbe9s8ik3u74cpon8@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:18:07 +0100, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >
    >>Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> http://www.showusyourwow.com/
    >>>
    >>> "Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow
    >>> contents to be listed."
    >>>
    >>> Site broken. Wow!

    >>The official explanation from Microsoft is that the Wows they expected
    >>actually manifested as deathly silence, as people began to realise how
    >>unbelievably crap Vista is:
    >>
    >>http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=851
    >>
    >>In reality, the "Wow" turned out to be a "W... W... What the F...???"

    > Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:

    Oops I can't keep up with the score, yesterday it was 71 million!
    In november it will be a 100,000,000 paid licences, I'm sure!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK

    wrote
    on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:37:02 +0200
    :
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:18:07 +0100, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >
    >>Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> http://www.showusyourwow.com/
    >>>
    >>> "Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow
    >>> contents to be listed."
    >>>
    >>> Site broken. Wow!

    >>The official explanation from Microsoft is that the Wows they expected
    >>actually manifested as deathly silence, as people began to realise how
    >>unbelievably crap Vista is:
    >>
    >>http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=851
    >>
    >>In reality, the "Wow" turned out to be a "W... W... What the F...???"

    > Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

    So why is the rampup 4.6 years or so instead of 3?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:37:02 +0200
    >:
    >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:18:07 +0100, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

    >>>The official explanation from Microsoft is that the Wows they expected
    >>>actually manifested as deathly silence, as people began to realise how
    >>>unbelievably crap Vista is:
    >>>
    >>>http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=851
    >>>
    >>>In reality, the "Wow" turned out to be a "W... W... What the F...???"

    >> Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista
    >>

    > So why is the rampup 4.6 years or so instead of 3?

    Well, it's channel stuffing, not real sales. Just look at DSG in the
    UK, they're stuck with warehouses full of inventory nobody wants.

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent

    wrote
    on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:00:00 +0100
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:37:02 +0200
    >>:

    >>> Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista
    >>>

    >> So why is the rampup 4.6 years or so instead of 3?
    >>

    > Well, it's channel stuffing, not real sales. Just look at DSG in the
    > UK, they're stuck with warehouses full of inventory nobody wants.

    I thought OK's link was based on website hits...?
    Machines sitting in a warehouse wouldn't generate such. :-)

    Of course I'm still wondering about the "Wow"; my idea
    is more along the lines of Roy's..."What the F*** were
    they thinking?" But it's enough to make one say "Wow,
    I could have had a Linux distro!" (With apologies to CSC
    Brands, the maker of V8 100% vegetable juice.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net