[News] Windows Can't Just Do What Linux Does - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Windows Can't Just Do What Linux Does - Linux ; Things I can easily do in Linux but can't in windows ,----[ Quote ] | This is a short sharp and shiny list of things that I can easily do in Linux | but find it hard or impossible to ...

  1. [News] Windows Can't Just Do What Linux Does

    Things I can easily do in Linux but can't in windows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is a short sharp and shiny list of things that I can easily do in Linux
    | but find it hard or impossible to do in windows.
    |
    | * Connect more than four people across the internet to a graphical
    | interface at the same time.
    | * Tinker around with the source code.
    | * Compile my own Linux from scratch.
    | * Have as many or as little programs installed as I want.
    | * Change every aspect of the user interface to suit my needs.
    | * Never pay for any program.
    | * Use more of my memory for programs and not for the operating system.
    | * Use less than one gigabyte of hard disk
    |
    | [...]
    `----

    http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/loc...-windows-19897

  2. Re: Windows Can't Just Do What Linux Does

    On Oct 22, 7:41 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Things I can easily do in Linux but can't in windows
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | This is a short sharp and shiny list of things that I can easily do in Linux
    > | but find it hard or impossible to do in windows.
    > |
    > | * Connect more than four people across the internet to a graphical
    > | interface at the same time.

    MSFT has a videoconferencing program to do this--kind of complicated
    to set up though.

    > | * Tinker around with the source code.

    Why? Invitation to disaster.

    > | * Compile my own Linux from scratch.

    Big deal. So? does that make you feel like a programmer somehow?

    > | * Have as many or as little programs installed as I want.

    Windows does that. Liar.

    > | * Change every aspect of the user interface to suit my needs.

    Ditto

    > | * Never pay for any program.

    Sorry to hear you're poor.

    > | * Use more of my memory for programs and not for the operating system.

    Opinion, not fact.

    > | * Use less than one gigabyte of hard disk

    Sorry to hear you're poor.

    RL

+ Reply to Thread