Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes - Linux

This is a discussion on Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes - Linux ; Wintroll activity seems unusually high. With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting ready to release some new mediocre product. -- ..................... http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html...

  1. Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    Wintroll activity seems unusually high.

    With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    ready to release some new mediocre product.

  2. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    DFS wrote:

    > Au79 wrote:
    >> Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >>
    >> With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons
    >> and other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is
    >> getting ready to release some new mediocre product.

    > Whatever it is, no matter how great or mediocre it is - more people will
    > use it than will use the corresponding Linux/OSS crapola.

    From Redmond, its usually, 99% mediocre. If more people will use "it",
    whatever that is, it will be because it is shoved down their throats just
    like Vista was.

    Vista will undoubtedly be more pervasive than Linux of Apple, but has anyone
    said anything good about it yet? Even the diehard wintards are all fuming
    about Vista trash. Bile Gates says "Bend over winini".

    > That fact alone should be enough to shame you cola bozos into silence;

    If that fact was indeed true, it would not need any help from retarded
    morons such as yourself for validation. The reason you are here along with
    your MS brothers and sisters, still, is because you have the need to defend
    something... such as MS Losing Battle.

    > your continued spastic blabber indicates an unwillingness to face reality.

    ....and yours indicates mere stupidity.

    > Enjoy!

    When you leave permanently.

  3. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    Au79 wrote:
    > Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >
    > With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons
    > and other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is
    > getting ready to release some new mediocre product.

    Whatever it is, no matter how great or mediocre it is - more people will use
    it than will use the corresponding Linux/OSS crapola.

    That fact alone should be enough to shame you cola bozos into silence; your
    continued spastic blabber indicates an unwillingness to face reality.

    Enjoy!

  4. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    Au79 wrote:

    > Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >
    > With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    > other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    > ready to release some new mediocre product.

    I had a bit of inside information.
    They all had a group hug and came out to play at the beginning of October.
    Seems to be 100% accurate.
    Its a highly orchestrated asstroturfing campaign against Linux by Micoshaft
    Corporation.

    Me thinks its another topic for EU anti-trust action.

  5. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    7 wrote:
    > Au79 wrote:
    >
    >> Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >>
    >> With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    >> other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    >> ready to release some new mediocre product.

    > I had a bit of inside information.
    > They all had a group hug and came out to play at the beginning of October.
    > Seems to be 100% accurate.
    > Its a highly orchestrated asstroturfing campaign against Linux by Micoshaft
    > Corporation.
    >
    > Me thinks its another topic for EU anti-trust action.

  6. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    Au79 wrote:
    > Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >
    > With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    > other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    > ready to release some new mediocre product.

  7. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    ____/ OJ Simpson on Tuesday 23 October 2007 12:26 : \____

    > Au79 wrote:
    >> Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >>
    >> With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    >> other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    >> ready to release some new mediocre product.

    New troll or just a new dress.

    *plonk*

  8. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    wrote
    on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:04:44 +0100
    <1747559.16qkML0T9q@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ OJ Simpson on Tuesday 23 October 2007 12:26 : \____
    >
    >> Au79 wrote:
    >>> Wintroll activity seems unusually high.
    >>>
    >>> With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons and
    >>> other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is getting
    >>> ready to release some new mediocre product.
    >>>

    > New troll or just a new dress.
    >
    > *plonk*

    It's only a bird in a gilded cage,
    Au is its name and 79 is its age,
    It can't understand and that is that,
    that Free Opensource Software is where it's at.

    :-)

    (OK, so the meter's a little off. It's beta lyrics.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"
    A: "Don't do that and you'll be fine."

  9. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:04:44 +0100
    > <1747559.16qkML0T9q@schestowitz.com>:
    >> ____/ OJ Simpson on Tuesday 23 October 2007 12:26 : \____

    >> New troll or just a new dress.
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    > It's only a bird in a gilded cage,
    > Au is its name and 79 is its age,
    > It can't understand and that is that,
    > that Free Opensource Software is where it's at.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > (OK, so the meter's a little off. It's beta lyrics.)

    troll was if it kicked you both in your damn teeth. I am not doing
    anymore trolling than that clown Au79 and that clown 7 do as the cross
    post and insult people as they sprinkle troll dust in NG(s) they post
    to. I have watched both of them for many years and know what they
    are capable of doing, particularly 7 that ****er >.

  10. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    On Oct 22, 5:13 pm, Au79 wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    > > Au79 wrote:
    > >> Wintroll activity seems unusually high.

    > >> With the retarded raylopez99, big.mamma.thornton, DFS, Dan D. Lyons
    > >> and other morrons spewing their MS venom, I wonder if Bile Gates is
    > >> getting ready to release some new mediocre product.

    > > Whatever it is, no matter how great or mediocre it is - more people will
    > > use it than will use the corresponding Linux/OSS crapola.

    I loved the Brief editor, but when Microsoft added Notepad as
    shovelware - my boss told me I couldn't use Brief anymore.

    I liked WordPerfect - but when Microsoft bundled Word with Windows -
    my boss told me I couldn't use WordPerfect anymore.

    I liked Lotus 1-2-3 - but when Microsoft bundled Excel with Windows -
    my boss told me I couldn't use Lotus anymore.

    I liked Corel Draw - but when Microsoft bundled PowerPoint with
    Windows - my boss told me I couldn't use Corel Draw anymore.

    I liked DBase IV - but when Microsoft bundled Access - my boss
    wouldn't let me use DBase any more.

    I liked SideKick, but when Windows 3.0 came out - my boss wouldn't let
    me use Sidekick anymore.

    I liked DesqView - but when Windows 3.0 came out - my boss decided I
    had to use that instead.

    I liked Chameleon TCP/IP and Trumpet Winsock, but when Microsoft came
    out with buggy Winsock for Windows 3.1, that's what I had to use.

    Windows 3.0 crashed 2-3 times per hour, and I quickly learned to save
    every 5 minutes, or risked losing an hour of work and having to work
    unpaid overtime to make it up.

    Windows 3.1 crashed 3-4 times per day, and I quickly learned to save
    everything every few minutes, and use only one application at a time -
    because if I tried to do something else while I was waiting for a long
    running task to complete (like downloading a file) the machine would
    "deadlock" when I was done.

    Windows NT 3.1 looked kinda nice, but when it wouldn't run most of the
    applications I had to have to do my job, I told my boss to give me 3.1
    instead.

    Windows 95 (A) was "cute", but when I tried to connect to the
    Internet, I suddenly found that everyone on the block was "sharing" my
    hard drive. I could even look at the boss's hard drive, and read the
    reviews. I didn't, but I could.

    Windows 95 B was ALMOST as stable as Slackware Linux 1.0, and the
    "plug-and-play" ALMOST worked. It was nice to be able to back up the
    entire hard drive to a QIC cartridge.

    Windows NT 4.0 came out and everybody told me that we should use it as
    a server. I based my estimates on how long it would take to do it on
    Linux or Unix, then doubled them. We started the project and before
    long it was obvious that I should have gone up to the next unit of
    time - estimated 7 staff-years instead of 7 staff-months. I could set
    up a Linux server in an hour. Setting up an NT server took a full day
    of reboots. But my boss told us we had to use it, so we worked 12
    hour days, 6 days a week, and on sunday we could come in late - after
    2 PM. We eventually got it done, it took 3 times longer cost 5 times
    more, and this included 80 hour weeks billed as 40 hour weeks.

    Windows 2000 was actually very nice. Microsoft should never have
    upgraded it. It was efficient, fast, and reliable. Unfortunately, it
    also got attacked by viruses like Melissa, NIMDA, and about 100,000
    others. Microsoft promised to "fix" the problem in XP - some "fix".
    Now the number of successfull attackers is up to 250,000, and Windows
    still needs to be "re-engineered" - costing weeks of lost productivity
    2-3 times per year.

    Now Microsoft has introduced Longhorn that turned into a steer, so
    they called it Vista, which turned out to be a Mirage. The TV ads
    show really cute looking 3-D effects, but when I go to the store, most
    of the computers can't do the 3-D stuff.

    Meanwhile, when MS-DOS was blowing itself up over TSRs, Mac was doing
    a really nice Window based graphical user interface - MacProject
    wasn't perfect, but it was pretty nice to be able to draw a project or
    network and be able to make notes on each item and generate a diagram
    and schedule.

    When Windows 3.0 was crashing every 20 minutes, SunOS was letting me
    use FrameMaker and Applix for hours without even a hiccup. In fact,
    it wasn't even POSSIBLE to reboot the machine, since I didn't have
    root previledges initially. Of course, I never really needed to
    either. I got the console, but I had two subordinates who shared the
    machine using X11 Terminals from WYSE.

    When Windows 3.1 was blowing up every 2-3 hours, Linux was allowing me
    to share both the Sun Sparc20 and the HP-9000 workstations. When my
    boss first saw me running Linux he thought I had embezzled the funds
    to buy a Sun SparcStation when he realized that I was using Linux on
    an 80386/16 we fished out of the dumpster an hour before the truck
    arrived, he wanted one too.

    When Windows NT 3.1 was refusing to run my favorite applications, I
    was trying to decide which of the 5 distrubutions on my Walnut Creek
    CD package I wanted to use on my 80486. I had Caldera, SuSE, FreeBSD,
    and Red Hat. I chose Red Hat because it was the easiest to install.
    Of course, I also used it as an internal Web Server (now they call it
    Intranet), and provided a VPN connection to customers who wanted to
    test their Marketscope interfaces over SLIP or PPP connections while
    they waited for their Frame Relay or ATM lines. Linux cut months off
    the development schedule.

    When Windows NT 4.0 was hangning and BSOD from race conditions and
    deadlocks, my Linux box was running 1000 concurrent users in a royalty
    free server. We used it for prototyping - unfortunately, they kept
    insisting that we deploy the "production version" on NT 4.0.
    Eventually, they deployed it on Solaris - and it worked great after
    about 2 hours of work.

    They gave me 3 days to do a rival with the same functionality
    implemented on an NT system that had been developed over 8 staff-
    years. I gave them that, and added a BBS, chat, and stock-quotes.
    When the NT box started acting up, they decided they needed to have
    someone babysitting it every second. When they moved my Linux box to
    a different router, I have my boss, who was on location, instructions
    on how to get the IP address, remote accessed into the machine, and
    had it running in 15 minutes.

    > From Redmond, its usually, 99% mediocre. If more people will use "it",
    > whatever that is, it will be because it is shoved down their throats just
    > like Vista was.

    Microsoft has had a few "Bombs", including Windows NT 3.1, Windows NT
    3.5, Windows ME, and now Vista. Microsoft knew that there were too
    many companies who were prepared for any attempt at a "Force Feed" of
    Vista, and were prepared to switch to Linux if Microsoft tried it.
    Microsoft has even had to cave into to OEM demand for the ability to
    continue to sell XP. Based on Browser signatures, it looks like Mac
    and Vista are about even in terms of market growth. That would me
    that about 4 million of the 16 million PCs sold last quarter - were
    actually NOT sold with Vista - but with XP, Linux, or OS/X instead.

    > Vista will undoubtedly be more pervasive than Linux of Apple, but has anyone
    > said anything good about it yet? Even the diehard wintards are all fuming
    > about Vista trash. Bile Gates says "Bend over winini".

    Most of the reviewers are saying "I'd rather have a Mac". Most of
    these reviewers have never been able to walk into a retail store and
    test drive a Linux machine for a few hours. The bulk of the Linux
    reviewers, working on a tight deadline, seem to spend most of that
    time downloading the software from an unreliable mirror, install it
    without asking anybody for help, and never actually review the actual
    Linux system itself. Again, they only have a limited amount of time,
    usually a week or two, and since they don't ask for help, do their
    homework, or even deliberately use "Linux Hostile" machines, they
    don't make an "apples to apples" (actually OS/X to Linux) comparison.

    If I tried to install OS/X on a Windows 2000 machine, I would probably
    have problems. If I tried to install Vista on that machine, I'd have
    problems. If I tried to install Windows 2000 on a Vista machine, I
    might get a functional machine, but it wouldn't be a great experience.

    > ....................http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

    Rex
    http://www.open4success.org

  11. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    some nameless troll wrote:

    >I am not doing anymore trolling than

    Who could tell, nameless troll?

    Why don't you just fsck off, and get a life outside of trolling?

  12. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    OJ Simpson wrote:

    Oh, I almost forgot. *plonk*

  13. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    chrisv wrote:
    > some nameless troll wrote:
    >
    >> I am not doing anymore trolling than

    > Who could tell, nameless troll?
    >
    > Why don't you just fsck off, and get a life outside of trolling?

  14. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    chrisv wrote:
    > OJ Simpson wrote:
    >

    > Oh, I almost forgot. *plonk*

    dumbass before too VLone Range you stupid bastard. >

  15. Re: Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes

    "OJ Simpson" wrote
    > chrisv wrote:
    >> OJ Simpson wrote:
    >>

    >> Oh, I almost forgot. *plonk*
    >>

    > > before too VLone Range you stupid bastard. >

    I'm very sorry I plonked you OJ Simpson. My shrink gave me those new meds
    today to refrain me from plonking people, but the dosage isn't what it
    should be!
    Plonking people is my obsessive-compulsive neurosis!