Re: The next series of monopoly complaints - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The next series of monopoly complaints - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Forget about illegal business practises, corruption of standards > bodies, misuses, abuse, deception, illegal contracts, technical, > sabotage, and antitrust. There is outright fraud going on at > Microsoft, e.g.: You want fraud? Look at the ...

  1. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Forget about illegal business practises, corruption of standards
    > bodies, misuses, abuse, deception, illegal contracts, technical,
    > sabotage, and antitrust. There is outright fraud going on at
    > Microsoft, e.g.:

    You want fraud? Look at the FSF and some Linux distro vendors who register
    as non-profits so they can play around with crappy hobby software all day,
    create lame anti-MS\Vista sites, and evade taxes.

  2. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    DFS wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Forget about illegal business practises, corruption of standards
    >> bodies, misuses, abuse, deception, illegal contracts, technical,
    >> sabotage, and antitrust. There is outright fraud going on at
    >> Microsoft, e.g.:

    > You want fraud? Look at the FSF and some Linux distro vendors who register
    > as non-profits so they can play around with crappy hobby software all day,
    > create lame anti-MS\Vista sites, and evade taxes.

    .... vs. Gates Foundation.

  3. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    owl wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Forget about illegal business practises, corruption of standards
    >>> bodies, misuses, abuse, deception, illegal contracts, technical,
    >>> sabotage, and antitrust. There is outright fraud going on at
    >>> Microsoft, e.g.:

    >> You want fraud? Look at the FSF and some Linux distro vendors who
    >> register as non-profits so they can play around with crappy hobby
    >> software all day, create lame anti-MS\Vista sites, and evade taxes.
    >>

    > ... vs. Gates Foundation.

    Who donates hundreds of millions to developing countries, and in one year
    does more good for the world than free/open source crapware could ever do in
    one hundred years.

  4. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    DFS wrote:
    > owl wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> You want fraud? Look at the FSF and some Linux distro vendors who
    >>> register as non-profits so they can play around with crappy hobby
    >>> software all day, create lame anti-MS\Vista sites, and evade taxes.
    >>>

    >> ... vs. Gates Foundation.

    > Who donates hundreds of millions to developing countries, and in one year
    > does more good for the world than free/open source crapware could ever do in
    > one hundred years.

    Good works mean nothing if they countered to excess by evil.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

    The Gates Foundation has poured $218 million into polio and measles
    immunization and research worldwide, including in the Niger Delta. At the
    same time that the foundation is funding inoculations to protect health,
    The Times found, it has invested $423 million in Eni, Royal Dutch Shell,
    Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp. and Total of France ??? the companies
    responsible for most of the flares blanketing the delta with pollution,
    beyond anything permitted in the United States or Europe.

  5. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:09:28 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Forget about illegal business practises, corruption of standards
    >> bodies, misuses, abuse, deception, illegal contracts, technical,
    >> sabotage, and antitrust. There is outright fraud going on at
    >> Microsoft, e.g.:

    > You want fraud? Look at the FSF and some Linux distro vendors who register
    > as non-profits so they can play around with crappy hobby software all day,
    > create lame anti-MS\Vista sites, and evade taxes.

    If they are non-profit, then they have done nothing wrong. I bet you
    fiddle *your* taxes every way you can.

    -
    Kier

  6. Re: The next series of monopoly complaints

    owl wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> owl wrote:

    >>> ... vs. Gates Foundation.

    >> Who donates hundreds of millions to developing countries, and in one year
    >> does more good for the world than free/open source crapware could ever do
    >> in one hundred years.
    >>

    > Good works mean nothing if they countered to excess by evil.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

    > The Gates Foundation has poured $218 million into polio and measles
    > immunization and research worldwide, including in the Niger Delta. At the
    > same time that the foundation is funding inoculations to protect health,
    > The Times found, it has invested $423 million in Eni, Royal Dutch Shell,
    > Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp. and Total of France ??? the companies
    > responsible for most of the flares blanketing the delta with pollution,
    > beyond anything permitted in the United States or Europe.

    And not forgetting that he gave 100million USD to fight AIDS in India, but
    *also* funded 421million USD to fight Linux being adopted in India.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11...100m_to_fight/

    Now where do you think his priorities lie. Oh, yes. We know how "generous"
    Gates is.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0

+ Reply to Thread