[News] Nokia's New Tablet to Make Developers and Users Happy - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Nokia's New Tablet to Make Developers and Users Happy - Linux ; Exploring the technical details of Nokia's N810 operating system ,----[ Quote ] | Nokia's OS2008 obviously has a lot to offer developers, but there are plenty | of improvements that will please end users as well. `---- http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...erating-system http://tinyurl.com/ytyvb8 Related: ...

  1. [News] Nokia's New Tablet to Make Developers and Users Happy

    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...erating-system
    http://tinyurl.com/ytyvb8

    Related:

    Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As a media player it plays MP3's and other audio formats through surprisingly
    | good sounding speakers for their size, or headphones. It plays MP4 and
    | RealVideo videos, and youtube.
    `----

    http://blogs.sun.com/wbays/entry/nok...nternet_tablet

    Review: Nokia N800 now with Skype

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While I enjoyed using the Nokia N800 prior to the firmware upgrade, once
    | having Skype installed made the unit made the Nokia N800 an almost
    | indispensable tool carry around. Having the ability to make phone calls
    | anywhere in the world from any location that has wireless internet was neat.
    | Furthermore with a SkypeIn plan you can easily receive phone calls from just
    | about any place in the world that has wifi. The addition of having Skype made
    | the Nokia N800 a near cellphone like device.
    `----

    http://lunapark6.com/nokia-n800-now-with-skype.html

    First look: Skype for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not only was there an updated version of the Linux-based Internet Tablet OS
    | and significantly-improved hardware, but Nokia also promised us a
    | fully-functional Skype client for the N800. Nearly six months after the
    | tablet's launch, the Skype client has finally arrived.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...et-tablet.html

  2. Re: Nokia's New Tablet to Make Developers and Users Happy

    On Oct 22, 10:15 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Exploring the technical details of Nokia's N810 operating system
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Nokia's OS2008 obviously has a lot to offer developers, but there are plenty
    > | of improvements that will please end users as well.
    > `----
    >
    > http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...url.com/ytyvb8
    >
    > Related:
    >
    > Nokia N800 Internet Tablet
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | As a media player it plays MP3's and other audio formats through surprisingly
    > | good sounding speakers for their size, or headphones. It plays MP4 and
    > | RealVideo videos, and youtube.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.sun.com/wbays/entry/nok...nternet_tablet
    >
    > Review: Nokia N800 now with Skype
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | While I enjoyed using the Nokia N800 prior to the firmware upgrade, once
    > | having Skype installed made the unit made the Nokia N800 an almost
    > | indispensable tool carry around. Having the ability to make phone calls
    > | anywhere in the world from any location that has wireless internet was neat.
    > | Furthermore with a SkypeIn plan you can easily receive phone calls from just
    > | about any place in the world that has wifi. The addition of having Skype made
    > | the Nokia N800 a near cellphone like device.
    > `----
    >
    > http://lunapark6.com/nokia-n800-now-with-skype.html
    >
    > First look: Skype for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Not only was there an updated version of the Linux-based Internet Tablet OS
    > | and significantly-improved hardware, but Nokia also promised us a
    > | fully-functional Skype client for the N800. Nearly six months after the
    > | tablet's launch, the Skype client has finally arrived.
    > `----
    >
    > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...k-skype-for-th...

    Yet another dead end Linux based product that won't sell and will
    quietly disappear when nobody buys one.

  3. Re: Nokia's New Tablet to Make Developers and Users Happy

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:52:31 +0000, big.momma.thornton wrote:

    >> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...k-skype-for-th...

    > Yet another dead end Linux based product that won't sell and will
    > quietly disappear when nobody buys one.

    Since they have already produced a second and better version of the
    original gadget, your foolish claim is obviously incorrect. Maybe you
    should crawl back into that hole you slimed out of.

    --
    Kier

+ Reply to Thread