Open source compressed flash player for Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Open source compressed flash player for Linux - Linux ; Hi, I don't know if it is adequate to ask this question here, I am going to find a software to play compressed flash video, the URL is got from a webpage like youtube. I tried mplayer but it says ...

  1. Open source compressed flash player for Linux

    Hi,

    I don't know if it is adequate to ask this question here, I am going
    to find a software to play compressed flash video, the URL is got from
    a webpage like youtube. I tried mplayer but it says libavcodec doesn't
    support this format.

    I can play it in firefox using the flash plugin from macromedia, but i
    want to find an open source one!

    Thanks.
    Bin

    mplayer http://img.ku6.com/common/S2.1.2.swf
    MPlayer 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu12+3v1ubuntu1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.50GHz (Family: 6, Model: 13,
    Stepping: 6)
    CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
    Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
    Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
    Can't init input joystick
    mplayer: could not connect to socket
    mplayer: No such file or directory
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
    control.

    Playing http://img.ku6.com/common/S2.1.2.swf.
    Resolving img.ku6.com for AF_INET6...
    Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: img.ku6.com
    Resolving img.ku6.com for AF_INET...
    Connecting to server img.ku6.com[218.60.5.175]: 80...
    Cache size set to 320 KBytes
    Cache fill: 18.37% (60209 bytes)
    libavformat file format detected.
    [swf @ 0x8869108]Compressed SWF format not supported
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
    Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/
    avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll
    libavformat file format detected.
    [swf @ 0x8869108]Compressed SWF format not supported
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

    Exiting... (End of file)

  2. Re: Open source compressed flash player for Linux

    Bin Chen writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't know if it is adequate to ask this question here, I am going
    > to find a software to play compressed flash video, the URL is got from
    > a webpage like youtube. I tried mplayer but it says libavcodec doesn't
    > support this format.

    [...]

    > [swf @ 0x8869108]Compressed SWF format not supported

    FFmpeg comes with a tool called cws2fws that converts such files to
    the uncompressed format that can be read by FFmpeg and MPlayer.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

  3. Re: Open source compressed flash player for Linux

    Bin Chen writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't know if it is adequate to ask this question here, I am going
    > to find a software to play compressed flash video, the URL is got from
    > a webpage like youtube. I tried mplayer but it says libavcodec doesn't
    > support this format.

    [...]

    > [swf @ 0x8869108]Compressed SWF format not supported

    FFmpeg comes with a tool called cws2fws that converts such files to
    the uncompressed format that can be read by FFmpeg and MPlayer.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

+ Reply to Thread