Poor Vista sales hit PC World's profits - Linux

This is a discussion on Poor Vista sales hit PC World's profits - Linux ; http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...ds-profits.htm...

  1. Poor Vista sales hit PC World's profits

  2. Re: PC World blames inept leadership on Vista

    wrote in message
    news:1193074418.862493.273330@t8g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...
    > http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...ds-profits.htm

    Somehow all of the other PC makers are able to thrive in this market where
    laptop and desktop sales are the highest seen in years. But the losers at PC
    world are blaming their inept performance on Vista - as if anybody outside
    of the COLA idiots is going to beleive that.

  3. Re: Poor Vista sales hit PC World's profits

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 22 October 2007 18:33 : \____

    http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...ds-profits.htm

    Join the club.

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

    DSG continues retailer woes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DSG, the company formerly known as Dixons, became the latest British retailer
    | to report a drop in profits for the summer months today. But it wasn’t all
    | down to the rotten weather – this time it was also Microsoft’s fault. *
    `----

    http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/new...retailer-woes/

    At least one major computer shop is going out of business.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝqin

  4. Re: Poor Vista sales hit PC World's profits

    schreef in bericht
    news:1193074418.862493.273330@t8g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...
    > http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...ds-profits.htm

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista
    *plonk*

  5. Re: PC World blames inept leadership on Vista

    Sue Romer wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1193074418.862493.273330@t8g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...

    http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...ds-profits.htm

    > Somehow all of the other PC makers are able to thrive in this market where
    > laptop and desktop sales are the highest seen in years. But the losers at
    > PC
    > world are blaming their inept performance on Vista - as if anybody
    > outside of the COLA idiots is going to beleive that.

    I had a walk around PC World, what struck me was, if I had wanted to buy one
    of the Vista boxes on display I would want to try it out, if I buy a music
    centre I take a couple of disks in and listen to see what they sound like,
    in PC world I was bombarded by inane adverts and locked out screens all
    running Vista, I had no way to test or try out any system, the only choice
    was a couple of Apple machines. They miss out on sales by not allowing a
    chance to sit down, surf the net, use the office package, do some graphics
    work, send a couple of emails, mess with a few games, I guess the problem
    is people might ask to buy that system only to be told that the software is
    extra a lot extra! The good bit would be to set up a couple of boxes with
    say Ubuntu, SuSe and Fedora, people would find saving in not paying a tax
    to M$, savings in not buying Windows Virus checker, windows spyware and
    malware checker, they would see a stable, secure product that they haven't
    had to buy software licences to use, and hopefully feel good about being
    able to contribute back into the opensource community.

    The other thing I noticed was no machine had XP on it, all the trade mags we
    have at work 90% of the PC's are still XP Pro, I think the chief buyer at
    PC World has a few questions to answer.

    Jem..

+ Reply to Thread