[News] Consultant Blown Away by Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Consultant Blown Away by Linux - Linux ; Ubuntu 7.10 Review, from a consultants perspective ,----[ Quote ] | Ubuntu and Linux over all have moved into a true user friendly platform. I'm | blown away and I know might find little things not like, mainly the fact ...

  1. [News] Consultant Blown Away by Linux

    Ubuntu 7.10 Review, from a consultants perspective

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ubuntu and Linux over all have moved into a true user friendly platform. I'm
    | blown away and I know might find little things not like, mainly the fact that
    | many software companies support Linux, but this Distro is great.
    `----

    http://rareimagery.com/ubununtu_review

    The Open Source Challenge. How to replace Windows completely with Ubuntu.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We all know how far open source software has progressed, but has it come so
    | far to not only challenge Windows, but replace it? Can you really install
    | Linux and open source software in place of Windows, and want for nothing?
    `----

    http://apcmag.com/node/6574

    Related:

    InfoSec: Consultant touts open-source security tools

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Open source security tools abound, so take advantage of them and avoid
    | paying for commercial products if open source fits your needs. That was
    | the message from Matthew Luallen, president of consulting firm Sph3r3,
    | who spoke at yesterday's InfoSec Conference.
    `----

    http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...-security.html

    Windows Consultant: 13 reasons why Linux should be on your desktop

    ,----[ Gist ]
    | # Cost
    |
    | # Resources
    |
    | # Performance
    |
    | # No bloatware
    |
    | # Security
    |
    | # Dual booting
    |
    | # Installation
    |
    | # Reinstalling the OS
    |
    | # Keeping track of software
    |
    | # Updating software
    |
    | # More security
    |
    | # No need to defrag disks
    |
    | # A wealth of built-in utilities
    `----

    http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT5836989728.html

  2. Re: [News] Consultant Blown Up by Linux

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Ubuntu 7.10 Review, from a consultants perspective
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Ubuntu and Linux over all have moved into a true user hostile platform.
    > I'm
    > | blown up and I know might find little things I do not like, mainly the
    > fact that
    > | many software companies ignore Linux, but this Distro is pathetic.
    > `----
    >
    > http://rareimagery.com/ubununtu_review

  3. Re: Consultant Blown Up by Linux

    On Oct 22, 1:13 pm, "Sue Romer" wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > > Ubuntu 7.10 Review, from a consultants perspective

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | Ubuntu and Linux over all have moved into a true user hostile platform.
    > > I'm
    > > | blown up and I know might find little things I do not like, mainly the
    > > fact that
    > > | many software companies ignore Linux, but this Distro is pathetic.
    > > `----

    > >http://rareimagery.com/ubununtu_review

    > --

    More dubious at best "facts" to back up the claims from the spammer.
    If you look hard enough I'll bet you could find some blog, somewhere,
    where the blogger claims
    that eating sand by the bucket full is beneficial to one's health.

+ Reply to Thread