[News] Mossberg Has Completely Lost His Credibility - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Mossberg Has Completely Lost His Credibility - Linux ; Debunking Walter Mossberg - better PC buying advice ,----[ Quote ] | FUD is a term known to many of us computer nerds. It refers to sales | practices used when a product is not good enough to sell itself. ...

  1. [News] Mossberg Has Completely Lost His Credibility

    Debunking Walter Mossberg - better PC buying advice

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | FUD is a term known to many of us computer nerds. It refers to sales
    | practices used when a product is not good enough to sell itself. The letters
    | stand for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. If a software vendor resorts to this,
    | it's a red flag their product can't stand up to an objective evaluation.
    | Mossberg here is slinging the FUD for Microsoft.
    `----

    Related:

    Microsoft Delivers Major Piece of Nothing; NYT Does It Up Front Page

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Please. This story is more appropriate for placement in the Times’ Bits blog,
    | if its to be presented anywhere in the folds of the publication. Markoff’s
    | efforts in reporting the latest news in the tech industry would’ve been
    | better spent on another item.
    `----

    http://www.profy.com/2007/09/03/micr...up-front-page/

    Inadvertently Proving the Opposite by Knocking Down a Strawman [at NTY]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I’m not sure who told Mr. Gomes that Ubuntu, for example, has never needed a
    | security update. (If anyone actually did, I respectfully suggest that Mr.
    | Gomes reconsider his use of that source.) *
    `----

    http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog...about_gnu.html

  2. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz never had any Credibility