Re: [News] [Rival] Hackers Stay Away from Vista, But Love It Because It's Fragile - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Hackers Stay Away from Vista, But Love It Because It's Fragile - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Real hackers use Linux (probably). It doesn't mean that Linux leads to hacking; > rather, people who know what to choose go for Linux. Check ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Hackers Stay Away from Vista, But Love It Because It's Fragile

    > Real hackers use Linux (probably). It doesn't mean that Linux leads to hacking;
    > rather, people who know what to choose go for Linux.

    Check out 2600. Many dudes that submit articles use Win 2000.
    (Although it's been awhile since I've picked up a copy.)

    --
    Tux rox!

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Hackers Stay Away from Vista, But Love It Because It's Fragile

    Linonut espoused:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Real hackers use Linux (probably). It doesn't mean that Linux leads to hacking;
    >> rather, people who know what to choose go for Linux.

    > Check out 2600. Many dudes that submit articles use Win 2000.
    > (Although it's been awhile since I've picked up a copy.)

    I would say that most were Windows and DOS people a few years back, with
    a few using Linux.

    Most of them were not all that technical, although a few were clearly
    highly talented. I once read a really good description of an AXE10 in
    one of those magazines - apart from using some slightly different TLAs,
    it was an extremely accurate representation.