Re: [News] [Rival] There are no Wows because everyone is speechless, says Microsoft - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] There are no Wows because everyone is speechless, says Microsoft - Linux ; On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:22:34 +0100, [H]omer wrote: > ... And they are right, but not for the reason they think: > > The Vista wow becomes a whisper > > .---- > | I wasn't a big fan ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] There are no Wows because everyone is speechless, says Microsoft

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:22:34 +0100, [H]omer wrote:

    > ... And they are right, but not for the reason they think:
    >
    > The Vista wow becomes a whisper
    >
    > .----
    > | I wasn't a big fan of the "Wow" campaign around Windows Vista.
    > | But its newest incarnation -- "100 Reasons Why Everyone's So
    > | Speechless" -- might be even worse. The new site lists 100 reasons
    > | users should take a closer look at Windows Vista. No. 1 is "It
    > | makes using your PC a breeze." No. 100 is "Because your network is
    > | the backbone of your business (Network Diagnostics and
    > | Troubleshooting)." "Seeing Windows Vista for the first time may
    > | leave you searching for words.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=851

    I think it is really nice of MS to at last share the glory of their
    products.

    #1. It makes using your PC a breeze
    Google desktop search is given a nice plug there.

    3. It's the safest version of Windows ever
    Mainly because nothing will run on it, including virus's.

    7. Because you can freeze time
    Ok, Vista has the lead on us this time. I just searched Sourceforge and
    there are absolutely no projects involving time travel or the control of
    time.

    #9. Unchain your mobile PC
    Wifi technology creators get praised in this one.

    #15. Because your PC remembers to back up for you.
    But not if you only pay for Vista Standard, you have to buy the more
    expensive ones to get a backup, unless you get a BT account.

    #23. Because it's like a digital candy store.

    "You choose the fun—TV, games, music, movies, home videos, or photo
    slide shows—Windows Vista has all of your entertainment in one
    convenient place.

    See, Google widgets get another mention. Thats really nice of MS to give
    hem a plug.t

    Actually, if you look at the list a large number of the things listed are
    really just repeats. The entertainment center is repeated many times, as
    is the Share documents. I suspect that the list may only be ten items or
    so, but just like Seagul bird splat, one dose can cover 100 bodies.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] There are no Wows because everyone is speechless, says Microsoft

    BearItAll wrote:

    > 3. It's the safest version of Windows ever
    > Mainly because nothing will run on it, including virus's.

    Signed
    uh...
    Except My Business Runs On Windows
    BoreUsAll

    > Actually, if you look at the list a large number of the things listed
    > are really just repeats.

    Just like Roy "Lying Spamming Idiot" Schestowitz's [NEWS] posts.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] There are no Wows because everyone is speechless, says Microsoft

    DFS wrote:

    > BearItAll wrote:
    >

    >> 3. It's the safest version of Windows ever
    >> Mainly because nothing will run on it, including virus's.

    > Signed
    > uh...
    > Except My Business Runs On Windows
    > BoreUsAll
    >

    >> Actually, if you look at the list a large number of the things listed
    >> are really just repeats.

    > Just like Roy "Lying Spamming Idiot" Schestowitz's [NEWS] posts.

    How could I possibly lie about this when the link to the place that shows
    the list is in this very thread.

+ Reply to Thread