Re: [News] [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU - Linux ; [H]omer wrote: >> "It is a victory for the consumer", she said. huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft. > http://www.reuters.com/article/busin...00117920071022 > > > http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...hallelujah.ogg Nothing makes Linux/OSS creeps happier than bad news about Microsoft....

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU

    [H]omer wrote:

    >> "It is a victory for the consumer", she said.

    huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft.

    > http://www.reuters.com/article/busin...00117920071022
    >

    > http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...hallelujah.ogg

    Nothing makes Linux/OSS creeps happier than bad news about Microsoft.

  2. Re: [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU

    On Oct 22, 9:40 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    > >> "It is a victory for the consumer", she said.

    > huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft.

    Year 2030. An international team successfully derails an asteroid
    which had planet earth in its crosshairs, making it miss by, well, a
    hair.

    After the team leader triumphaly said: "this is a victory for human
    kind" some guy on Usenet claimed:

    "huh? Human kind was not fighting that asteroid. You were.".

    The NYT reporters, tried to get some background info on the sole
    naysayer, and identified him as DFS the same individual who wrote in
    1969 to Neil Armstrong:

    "huh? Man was not trying to make a small step or a giant leap on the
    moon. You were".

    This is the very same guy who, when told that I lost my car keys,
    vehemently replied: "to whom did you lose them?".

    -Ramon

  3. Re: [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    >> huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft.
    >>

    > Year 2030. An international team successfully derails an asteroid
    > which had planet earth in its crosshairs, making it miss by, well, a
    > hair.
    >
    > After the team leader triumphaly said: "this is a victory for human
    > kind" some guy on Usenet claimed:
    >
    > "huh? Human kind was not fighting that asteroid. You were.".
    >
    > The NYT reporters, tried to get some background info on the sole
    > naysayer, and identified him as DFS the same individual who wrote in
    > 1969 to Neil Armstrong:
    >
    > "huh? Man was not trying to make a small step or a giant leap on the
    > moon. You were".
    >
    > This is the very same guy who, when told that I lost my car keys,
    > vehemently replied: "to whom did you lose them?".

    cola bozos: sore winners and losers

  4. Re: [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU

    On Oct 22, 6:40 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    > >> "It is a victory for the consumer", she said.

    > huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft.
    >
    > >http://www.reuters.com/article/busin...00117920071022

    > >http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...h_-_44_hallelu...

    > Nothing makes Linux/OSS creeps happier than bad news about Microsoft.

    Well, sort of....it's actually good news as far as I'm concerned...
    So tell me how monopoly is good for the consumer???

  5. Re: [Rival] Hallelujah: Microsoft finally defeated by EU

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    >> huh? The consumer wasn't fighting Microsoft.
    >>
    >>> http://www.reuters.com/article/busin...00117920071022

    >>> http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...h_-_44_hallelu...

    >> Nothing makes Linux/OSS creeps happier than bad news about Microsoft.

    > Well, sort of....it's actually good news as far as I'm concerned...

    Like I said...

    > So tell me how monopoly is good for the consumer???

    Disregarding that MS is not a monopoly - Linux and Mac operating systems are
    available alternatives - such a situation makes work and home computing
    easier for everyone, including the few that hate the monopoly for specious
    reasons (doesn't have to be Microsoft - could be any company w/ monopoly
    power).

+ Reply to Thread