ntalk and talk - Linux

This is a discussion on ntalk and talk - Linux ; I have two computers networked on my home using linux. Both are configured to use ntalk and can see each other and we can talk to each other. The question I have is can this be done to computers outside ...

  1. ntalk and talk

    I have two computers networked on my home using linux. Both are
    configured to use ntalk and can see each other and we can talk to each
    other.

    The question I have is can this be done to computers outside of our
    network provided we have thier ip address?

    Or is this done soley on computes within our network. I have some
    other friends that just installed linux and I wanted to know if it
    would work. They have not enabled ntalk on thier machines because they
    are only running one machine each, so they didn't see a need for it.

  2. Re: ntalk and talk

    psychoabe@gmail.com pise na comp.os.linux:
    > I have two computers networked on my home using linux. Both are
    > configured to use ntalk and can see each other and we can talk to each
    > other.
    >
    > The question I have is can this be done to computers outside of our
    > network provided we have thier ip address?
    >
    > Or is this done soley on computes within our network. I have some
    > other friends that just installed linux and I wanted to know if it
    > would work. They have not enabled ntalk on thier machines because they
    > are only running one machine each, so they didn't see a need for it.

    it would work if 517 and 518 UDP traffic is allowed all the way from one
    host to another.

    --
    ____ __ ___| | ___ Ignorance is .~. hrvoje.spoljar@><.pbf.hr
    (_-< '_ \/ _ \ |_/ -_) bliss, but / V \ irc # RoCkY

+ Reply to Thread