REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007 - Linux

This is a discussion on REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007 - Linux ; Toplist of Dumbest Posters 1. Bob Hauck 2. Roy Schestowitz 3. Peter Kai JensOn 4. Roy Culley (various nyms) 5. Mark Kent 6. [H]omer 7. Kelsey Bjarnason 8. TheLetterK 9. Gregory Shearman 10. roys.testicals@gmail.com Note #1: All stats are generated ...

  1. REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    Toplist of Dumbest Posters

    1. Bob Hauck
    2. Roy Schestowitz
    3. Peter Kai JensOn
    4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    5. Mark Kent
    6. [H]omer
    7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    8. TheLetterK
    9. Gregory Shearman
    10. roys.testicals@gmail.com

    Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

  2. Re: MICOSHAFT ASSTROTURFER'S FABRICATION OF REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    Micoshaft's Asstroturfer cc wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    Toplist of Dumbest Asstroturfing Posters trolling COLA

    1. cc
    2. Flat skate
    3. Doofu
    4. Ear Wax
    6. Micoshaft Corporation Paid Asstroturfers who can't count

    Note #1: All stats are generated completely by paid Micoshaft Asstroturfers.
    Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.
    Note #4: If that didn't work, you will have to sit in front of a Pista
    Machines for 69 whole hours responding to [Allow, Deny] prompts.
    Warning: Claiming to have gone insane to cop out before 69th hour
    does not count.

  3. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, cc

    wrote
    on Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:44:39 -0000
    <1192916679.894954.146740@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>:
    > Toplist of Dumbest Posters
    >

    > 1. Bob Hauck
    > 2. Roy Schestowitz
    > 3. Peter Kai JensOn
    > 4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    > 5. Mark Kent
    > 6. [H]omer
    > 7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    > 8. TheLetterK
    > 9. Gregory Shearman
    > 10. roys.testicals@gmail.com
    >

    > Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    > Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    > will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

    Is this list even remotely useful? If you're going to
    claim stupidity, you might want to indicate somewhere what
    the stupidies actually are.

    It's one thing to say " is stupid". It's another
    to say "'s idea that is a braindead notion
    is stupid"; still another to simply state that "
    is braindead".

    The third is arguably the most preferable.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.

  4. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    ____/ cc on Saturday 20 October 2007 22:44 : \____

    > Toplist of Dumbest Posters
    >

    > 1. Bob Hauck
    > 2. Roy Schestowitz
    > 3. Peter Kai JensOn
    > 4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    > 5. Mark Kent
    > 6. [H]omer
    > 7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    > 8. TheLetterK
    > 9. Gregory Shearman
    > 10. roys.testicals@gmail.com
    >

    > Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    > Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    > will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

    What's the rubbish? I wasn't making fun of you or your posts, but with this
    useless weekly thing, it's time to edit the filters. Sorry. :-(

  5. Re: MICOSHAFT ASSTROTURFER'S FABRICATION OF REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 20, 7:01 pm, 7 wrote:
    > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi

    You must be using the formula wrong. I verified it, and there's no way
    I'm number 1, much less in the top ten. That's the beauty of open
    source, verification. I know you're looking forward to inclusion on
    next week's list. Keep up the retardation kid, and you'll make it to
    the top (of my list).

  6. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 20, 11:11 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > ____/ cc on Saturday 20 October 2007 22:44 : \____
    >

    > > Toplist of Dumbest Posters

    > > 1. Bob Hauck
    > > 2. Roy Schestowitz
    > > 3. Peter Kai JensOn
    > > 4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    > > 5. Mark Kent
    > > 6. [H]omer
    > > 7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    > > 8. TheLetterK
    > > 9. Gregory Shearman
    > > 10. roys.testic...@gmail.com

    > > Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    > > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    > > Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    > > will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

    > What's the rubbish? I wasn't making fun of you or your posts, but with this
    > useless weekly thing, it's time to edit the filters. Sorry. :-(

    One post a week is too much for someone who posts thousands to ignore?
    Oh, the irony. And making fun of me or my posts is not how you get on
    the list. I gave the formula.

  7. Re: MICOSHAFT ASSTROTURFER'S FABRICATION OF REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    cc wrote:

    > On Oct 20, 7:01 pm, 7 wrote:
    >> Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    >> denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi

    > You must be using the formula wrong.

    What's the matter with you?
    You must be an idiot!
    The formula works perfectly for Micoshaft Asstroturfers fabricating stats!!!

  8. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 21, 10:59 am, 7 wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    > > On Oct 20, 7:01 pm, 7 wrote:
    > >> Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > >> denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi

    > > You must be using the formula wrong.

    > What's the matter with you?
    > You must be an idiot!
    > The formula works perfectly for Micoshaft Asstroturfers fabricating stats!!!

    I'm not an idiot, correct use of the formula proves it. You on the
    other hand...well you're scoring very high right now, but it's a long
    week.

  9. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:25:54 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 21, 10:59 am, 7 wrote:
    >> cc wrote:

    >> > You must be using the formula wrong.

    >> What's the matter with you?
    >> You must be an idiot!
    >> The formula works perfectly for Micoshaft Asstroturfers fabricating stats!!!

    > I'm not an idiot, correct use of the formula proves it. You on the
    > other hand...well you're scoring very high right now, but it's a long
    > week.

    7 is certainly a twit of the highest order, but you aren't helping
    advocacy with your stupidity, either.

    --
    Kier

  10. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 21, 12:18 pm, Kier wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:25:54 +0000, cc wrote:

    > >> What's the matter with you?
    > >> You must be an idiot!
    > >> The formula works perfectly for Micoshaft Asstroturfers fabricating stats!!!

    > > I'm not an idiot, correct use of the formula proves it. You on the
    > > other hand...well you're scoring very high right now, but it's a long
    > > week.

    > 7 is certainly a twit of the highest order, but you aren't helping
    > advocacy with your stupidity, either.

    Well first, it's not stupidity. Second, I am helping. I'm encouraging
    posters to write smart advocacy. How many times are people going to
    hear arguments like this, "Linux is as usable and good as possible.
    It's not perfect though, it could use improvements" (Gregory Shearman)
    before they are turned off from Linux completely? That's right, 3
    times.

  11. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:31:39 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 21, 12:18 pm, Kier wrote:

    >> > I'm not an idiot, correct use of the formula proves it. You on the
    >> > other hand...well you're scoring very high right now, but it's a long
    >> > week.

    >> 7 is certainly a twit of the highest order, but you aren't helping
    >> advocacy with your stupidity, either.
    >>

    > Well first, it's not stupidity. Second, I am helping. I'm encouraging
    > posters to write smart advocacy. How many times are people going to
    > hear arguments like this, "Linux is as usable and good as possible.
    > It's not perfect though, it could use improvements" (Gregory Shearman)
    > before they are turned off from Linux completely? That's right, 3
    > times.

    But what you're doing here isn't encouraging anything positive, and surely
    you must know it. It just convinces people that you're an idiot. What you
    should do is post your own advocacy of whatever distros you like or use,
    and stick up for you assertions.

    --
    Kier

  12. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 20, 7:04 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
    wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, cc
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:44:39 -0000
    > <1192916679.894954.146...@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>:
    >

    > > Toplist of Dumbest Posters

    > > 1. Bob Hauck
    > > 2. Roy Schestowitz
    > > 3. Peter Kai JensOn
    > > 4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    > > 5. Mark Kent
    > > 6. [H]omer
    > > 7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    > > 8. TheLetterK
    > > 9. Gregory Shearman
    > > 10. roys.testic...@gmail.com

    > > Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    > > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    > > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    > > Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    > > will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

    > Is this list even remotely useful? If you're going to
    > claim stupidity, you might want to indicate somewhere what
    > the stupidies actually are.

    It's incredibly useful if you're smart enough to use it.

    > It's one thing to say " is stupid". It's another
    > to say "'s idea that is a braindead notion
    > is stupid"; still another to simply state that "
    > is braindead".
    >
    > The third is arguably the most preferable.

    How about, "Not knowing how to use a useful list is braindead."

  13. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 22, 7:11 am, Kier wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:31:39 +0000, cc wrote:

    > >> 7 is certainly a twit of the highest order, but you aren't helping
    > >> advocacy with your stupidity, either.

    > > Well first, it's not stupidity. Second, I am helping. I'm encouraging
    > > posters to write smart advocacy. How many times are people going to
    > > hear arguments like this, "Linux is as usable and good as possible.
    > > It's not perfect though, it could use improvements" (Gregory Shearman)
    > > before they are turned off from Linux completely? That's right, 3
    > > times.

    > But what you're doing here isn't encouraging anything positive, and surely
    > you must know it. It just convinces people that you're an idiot. What you
    > should do is post your own advocacy of whatever distros you like or use,
    > and stick up for you assertions.

    I have posted advocacy of distros I like, and I've posted advocacy of
    ideas I think should be implemented. How many times should I repeat
    them? Besides I can only stick up for my assertions for so long when
    the counter arguments don't gel with reality. You don't have to worry
    about me and my advocacy, I can look after myself just fine.

  14. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:33:26 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 22, 7:11 am, Kier wrote:

    >> > Well first, it's not stupidity. Second, I am helping. I'm encouraging
    >> > posters to write smart advocacy. How many times are people going to
    >> > hear arguments like this, "Linux is as usable and good as possible.
    >> > It's not perfect though, it could use improvements" (Gregory Shearman)
    >> > before they are turned off from Linux completely? That's right, 3
    >> > times.

    >> But what you're doing here isn't encouraging anything positive, and surely
    >> you must know it. It just convinces people that you're an idiot. What you
    >> should do is post your own advocacy of whatever distros you like or use,
    >> and stick up for you assertions.
    >>

    > I have posted advocacy of distros I like, and I've posted advocacy of
    > ideas I think should be implemented. How many times should I repeat
    > them? Besides I can only stick up for my assertions for so long when
    > the counter arguments don't gel with reality. You don't have to worry
    > about me and my advocacy, I can look after myself just fine.

    Well, if you prefer to act like a troll, go right ahead. But don't expect
    to get treated like an advocate.

    --
    Kier

  15. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 22, 6:13 pm, Kier wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:33:26 +0000, cc wrote:

    > >> But what you're doing here isn't encouraging anything positive, and surely
    > >> you must know it. It just convinces people that you're an idiot. What you
    > >> should do is post your own advocacy of whatever distros you like or use,
    > >> and stick up for you assertions.

    > > I have posted advocacy of distros I like, and I've posted advocacy of
    > > ideas I think should be implemented. How many times should I repeat
    > > them? Besides I can only stick up for my assertions for so long when
    > > the counter arguments don't gel with reality. You don't have to worry
    > > about me and my advocacy, I can look after myself just fine.

    > Well, if you prefer to act like a troll, go right ahead. But don't expect
    > to get treated like an advocate.

    I prefer to act like I want to act. Also, and don't take this the
    wrong way, I see how you're treated around here, and how exactly does
    that differ?

  16. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, cc

    wrote
    on Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:30:23 -0000
    <1193088623.346967.136110@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.c om>:
    > On Oct 20, 7:04 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
    > wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, cc
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:44:39 -0000
    >> <1192916679.894954.146...@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>:
    >>

    >> > Toplist of Dumbest Posters

    >> > 1. Bob Hauck
    >> > 2. Roy Schestowitz
    >> > 3. Peter Kai JensOn
    >> > 4. Roy Culley (various nyms)
    >> > 5. Mark Kent
    >> > 6. [H]omer
    >> > 7. Kelsey Bjarnason
    >> > 8. TheLetterK
    >> > 9. Gregory Shearman
    >> > 10. roys.testic...@gmail.com

    >> > Note #1: All stats are generated completely inside my brain.
    >> > Note #2: Dumbness is measured as (propensity to spew bull**** *
    >> > denials + lies - moments of clarity)/pi
    >> > Note #3: This list should be taken as fact, and any denial as such
    >> > will almost certainly warrant inclusion on the list.

    >> Is this list even remotely useful? If you're going to
    >> claim stupidity, you might want to indicate somewhere what
    >> the stupidies actually are.

    > It's incredibly useful if you're smart enough to use it.

    Of course.

    >> It's one thing to say " is stupid". It's another
    >> to say "'s idea that is a braindead notion
    >> is stupid"; still another to simply state that "
    >> is braindead".
    >>
    >> The third is arguably the most preferable.
    >>

    > How about, "Not knowing how to use a useful list is braindead."

    You are aware, of course, that #10 is highly variable, depending
    on the whims of the individual/person/idiot therein.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.

  17. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:34:45 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 22, 6:13 pm, Kier wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:33:26 +0000, cc wrote:

    >> Well, if you prefer to act like a troll, go right ahead. But don't expect
    >> to get treated like an advocate.
    >>

    > I prefer to act like I want to act. Also, and don't take this the
    > wrong way, I see how you're treated around here, and how exactly does
    > that differ?

    A few noodle-brains who prefer to assume things about me don't represent
    everyone in this group, no matter what they may believe. My point is, if
    you want to encourage what you call 'smart' advocacy, you are going about
    it in a totally non-productive way. Your foolish 'stats' will merely annoy
    even those who would otherwise be inclined to support you efforts to
    improve advocacy here.

    So, if all you're intending to do is add to the noise, why bother to stay
    at all? There are enough idiots here already. Another voice of reason and
    good sense would be welcome, another trolling idiot is not.

    --
    Kier

  18. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Oct 23, 3:38 am, Kier wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:34:45 +0000, cc wrote:
    > > On Oct 22, 6:13 pm, Kier wrote:
    > >> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:33:26 +0000, cc wrote:
    > >> Well, if you prefer to act like a troll, go right ahead. But don't expect
    > >> to get treated like an advocate.

    > > I prefer to act like I want to act. Also, and don't take this the
    > > wrong way, I see how you're treated around here, and how exactly does
    > > that differ?

    > A few noodle-brains who prefer to assume things about me don't represent
    > everyone in this group, no matter what they may believe. My point is, if
    > you want to encourage what you call 'smart' advocacy, you are going about
    > it in a totally non-productive way. Your foolish 'stats' will merely annoy
    > even those who would otherwise be inclined to support you efforts to
    > improve advocacy here.

    Like who?

    > So, if all you're intending to do is add to the noise, why bother to stay
    > at all? There are enough idiots here already. Another voice of reason and
    > good sense would be welcome, another trolling idiot is not.

    That's not what I'm intending to do at all. I hate the "why do you
    even post here" questions. I post here because I want to post here,
    because I like posting here, and your reasons don't necessarily have
    to coincide with mine.

  19. Re: REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 20th of October, 2007

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:11:41 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 23, 3:38 am, Kier wrote:

    >> > I prefer to act like I want to act. Also, and don't take this the
    >> > wrong way, I see how you're treated around here, and how exactly does
    >> > that differ?

    >> A few noodle-brains who prefer to assume things about me don't represent
    >> everyone in this group, no matter what they may believe. My point is, if
    >> you want to encourage what you call 'smart' advocacy, you are going about
    >> it in a totally non-productive way. Your foolish 'stats' will merely annoy
    >> even those who would otherwise be inclined to support you efforts to
    >> improve advocacy here.

    > Like who?

    Quite a lot of us.

    >> So, if all you're intending to do is add to the noise, why bother to stay
    >> at all? There are enough idiots here already. Another voice of reason and
    >> good sense would be welcome, another trolling idiot is not.
    >>

    > That's not what I'm intending to do at all. I hate the "why do you
    > even post here" questions. I post here because I want to post here,
    > because I like posting here, and your reasons don't necessarily have
    > to coincide with mine.

    You're not intending just to add to the noise? Okay, I can accept that
    isn't actually your intention, but effectively that's all you're doing
    with these foolish mock-stats. If you really do want to improve and
    encourage advocacy here, that is *not* the way to go about it. I should
    have thought that was obvious.

    Despite its name, COLA is not necessarily the best place to advocate
    Linux. Nevertheless, it can be done, and is quite often done, with varying
    degrees of success. If you're not here to advocate, what are you here for?

    --
    Kier

+ Reply to Thread