Open source VoIP being slowly accepted

,----[ Quote ]
| Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) solution which use open source software
| are slowly being adopted by more firms, it has reportedly been claimed.
`----

http://www.telappliant.com/news/1832...ly+accepted/0/

Open-Source Telephony 'Fast Forwards' the IP Telephony Market

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...70&newsLang=en

Related:

Open source IP PBX: Growing like gangbusters

,----[ Quote ]
| As the industry learns more about this technology and recognises the benefits
| that VoIP brings to a dynamic contact centre and the enterprise, adoption
| rates will continue to grow like wildfire. In an industry where needs are
| ever-changing and dynamic, the right open source solution could be the spark
| your business needs to lower costs, increase revenue and ultimately separate
| your company from the competition. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.computingsa.co.za/article.aspx?id=576535

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.
`----

Digium Takes Best of Open Source Software Award

| Bossie judges singled out Digium for being the ‚Äúmost mature and scalable‚ÄĚ IP
| PBX currently available.
`----

http://www.voip-news.com/blog/200709...oftware-award/

Open source could open doors for VoIP in Africa

,----[ Quote ]
| But he points out that on the customer end, solutions that fully enable VoIP
| might still be out of reach. "This is where open source comes into play,"
| explains Hayward. ¬*
`----

http://dataweek.co.za/article.aspx?p...lCategoryId=42

Open source VOIP connects to business

| Nearly three years since Jon "maddog" Hall predicted that "VOIP using
| an open source solution, such as Asterisk, will generate more business
| than the entire Linux marketplace today," open source VOIP for the
| enterprise remains a wild frontier.
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....02;fp;2;fpid;2

Open-Source VOIP Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Review: AsteriskNow GUI lowers barriers to entry and eases the
| transition from testing to deployment. ¬*
`----

Replacing your legacy phone system with Trixbox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxforums.org/applicati...h_trixbox.html