Open source VoIP being slowly accepted

,----[ Quote ]
| Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) solution which use open source software
| are slowly being adopted by more firms, it has reportedly been claimed.

Open-Source Telephony 'Fast Forwards' the IP Telephony Market

Open source IP PBX: Growing like gangbusters

,----[ Quote ]
| As the industry learns more about this technology and recognises the benefits
| that VoIP brings to a dynamic contact centre and the enterprise, adoption
| rates will continue to grow like wildfire. In an industry where needs are
| ever-changing and dynamic, the right open source solution could be the spark
| your business needs to lower costs, increase revenue and ultimately separate
| your company from the competition. ¬* ¬*

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

Digium Takes Best of Open Source Software Award

| Bossie judges singled out Digium for being the ‚Äúmost mature and scalable‚ÄĚ IP
| PBX currently available.

Open source could open doors for VoIP in Africa

,----[ Quote ]
| But he points out that on the customer end, solutions that fully enable VoIP
| might still be out of reach. "This is where open source comes into play,"
| explains Hayward. ¬*

Open source VOIP connects to business

| Nearly three years since Jon "maddog" Hall predicted that "VOIP using
| an open source solution, such as Asterisk, will generate more business
| than the entire Linux marketplace today," open source VOIP for the
| enterprise remains a wild frontier.

Open-Source VOIP Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Review: AsteriskNow GUI lowers barriers to entry and eases the
| transition from testing to deployment. ¬*

Replacing your legacy phone system with Trixbox

,----[ Quote ]