IE + RealPlayer = Security hole

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have RealPlayer installed and use Internet Explorer to browse the web,
| beware: an exploit in circulation can allow an attacker to take complete
| control of your machine, Symantec is warning.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...alplayer_vuln/

Taking control of the PC? Sounds like old and unalarming news. One in 4 Windows
PC is already controlled by a criminal somewhere...

Related:

IE6: The zombie browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Graham's much-dissected essay Microsoft is Dead offers some witty and
| perceptive analysis, but it sidesteps the fact that Microsoft's rotten corpse
| will take decades to decompose.
`----

http://blogs.pathf.com/agileajax/200...e-zombie-.html

Symantec Software Battles Vicious New PC Enemies: 'Bots'

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are seeing rapid increase in botnet infections," says Ed Kim, director
| of product management in the consumer division at Symantec.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/news...&amp&cm_ite=NA

Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.wired.com/politics/securi...tymatters_1004