IE + RealPlayer = Security hole

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have RealPlayer installed and use Internet Explorer to browse the web,
| beware: an exploit in circulation can allow an attacker to take complete
| control of your machine, Symantec is warning.

Taking control of the PC? Sounds like old and unalarming news. One in 4 Windows
PC is already controlled by a criminal somewhere...

IE6: The zombie browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Graham's much-dissected essay Microsoft is Dead offers some witty and
| perceptive analysis, but it sidesteps the fact that Microsoft's rotten corpse
| will take decades to decompose.

Symantec Software Battles Vicious New PC Enemies: 'Bots'

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are seeing rapid increase in botnet infections," says Ed Kim, director
| of product management in the consumer division at Symantec.

Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

,----[ Quote ]