Hahaha!!! (Windows Genuine Disturbance) - Linux

This is a discussion on Hahaha!!! (Windows Genuine Disturbance) - Linux ; Just got the following while testing layout changes. http://browsershots.org/screenshots/...b482c0844ef63/ Well, it could be worse. Many ATMs suffer from the same BS....

  1. Hahaha!!! (Windows Genuine Disturbance)

    Just got the following while testing layout changes.

    http://browsershots.org/screenshots/...b482c0844ef63/

    Well, it could be worse. Many ATMs suffer from the same BS.

  2. Re: Hahaha!!! (Windows Genuine Disturbance)

    ____/ [H]omer on Saturday 20 October 2007 08:25 : \____

    >> Just got the following while testing layout changes.
    >>
    >> http://browsershots.org/screenshots/...b482c0844ef63/
    >>
    >> Well, it could be worse. Many ATMs suffer from the same BS.

    > Problembericht senden! Problembericht senden!
    > Ach mein liebe Gott!

    Well, the site's founder and maintainer is German. I didn't look at the
    full-sized shot, so I'm not sure what it actually says. Still, it's funny when
    aligned next to Safari (Mac) and some Linux browsers (the core of his site)...
    you get to see the nuisance that is Windows without actually sitting in front
    of Windows.

    If only I had access to some Windows _boxes_ lying around... as opposed to
    Linux _PCs_. Some public cluster have that Windows thing. That where these
    machines come to die, apparently (legacy).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
    Mem: 515500k total, 466960k used, 48540k free, 512k buffers

  3. Re: Hahaha!!! (Windows Genuine Disturbance)

    > Just got the following while testing layout changes.
    >
    > http://browsershots.org/screenshots/...b482c0844ef63/
    >
    > Well, it could be worse. Many ATMs suffer from the same BS.

    You need to stop using German malware, schnell!

    I had a weird one yesterday. Working on my daughter's reinstalled
    laptop. Wanted to look up StartServiceCtrlDispatcher(). Got a link on
    Google in Firefox. It's to MSDN. Click it. Never appears.

    Hmmm, maybe it's just Firefox.

    Try IE 6. Same thing. WTF?

    As the REAL Sinister Midget would say: That is Offishul Microsoft
    Kwality for ya!

    I also had to reinstall Cygwin/X because its setup.exe kept bombing out
    with a similar message to yours (English, though). But that was
    undoubtedly a Cygwin bug.

    What I find absolutely appalling is that a fresh booted XP system
    running the normal stuff (some of which I disabled to save a few
    megabytes) plus antivirus is already eating up around 256 Mb. I can't
    do anything on that system without hearing the trilling of the hard
    drive.

    It's insane. It's bloatware. It's Microsoft.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread