Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released - Linux ; On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:26:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 05:50 : \____ > >> Eye-candy updates: >> >> .---- >> | While Compiz Fusion has yet to hit v0.6, the Compiz ...

  1. Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:26:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 05:50 : \____
    >
    >> Eye-candy updates:
    >>
    >> .----
    >> | While Compiz Fusion has yet to hit v0.6, the Compiz folks have
    >> | just come out with a new release in the Compiz 0.6 series. Compiz
    >> | 0.6.2 adds support for automatically starting one decorator per
    >> | screen, stacking problem fixes, fixes for focus issues, and minor
    >> | bug fixes.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEzNw

    > Can it make menus fade in and out like the Mighty Vista does?

    Wonder if it can eat 2 gigs of memory like Vista does?

  2. Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

    ____/ Freeride on Saturday 20 October 2007 03:12 : \____

    > On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:26:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 05:50 : \____
    >>
    >>> Eye-candy updates:
    >>>
    >>> .----
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEzNw

    >> Can it make menus fade in and out like the Mighty Vista does?
    >>

    > Wonder if it can eat 2 gigs of memory like Vista does?

    600-700MB for a 'clean' new desktop, based on what I could gather in blogs and
    forums. I wonder how much it consumes with 0 apps running /after/ you've
    installed some programs... I've never used Vista.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
    05:20:01 up 3 days, 14:05, 3 users, load average: 1.20, 1.63, 2.00

  3. Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

    >> Wonder if it can eat 2 gigs of memory like Vista does?

    > 600-700MB for a 'clean' new desktop, based on what I could gather in blogs and
    > forums. I wonder how much it consumes with 0 apps running /after/ you've
    > installed some programs... I've never used Vista.

    And I thought 260 Mb for a 'clean' new Windows XP desktop was
    ridiculous. Foolish Linonut!

    (I'm assuming you're talking about the RAM footprint, not the disk
    footprint).

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

    ____/ Linonut on Saturday 20 October 2007 16:11 : \____

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >>> Wonder if it can eat 2 gigs of memory like Vista does?

    >> 600-700MB for a 'clean' new desktop, based on what I could gather in blogs
    >> and forums. I wonder how much it consumes with 0 apps running /after/ you've
    >> installed some programs... I've never used Vista.

    > And I thought 260 Mb for a 'clean' new Windows XP desktop was
    > ridiculous. Foolish Linonut!
    >
    > (I'm assuming you're talking about the RAM footprint, not the disk
    > footprint).

    Let's not get started. ;-)

    Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9038438

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
    Mem: 515500k total, 452988k used, 62512k free, 1020k buffers

  5. Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> Seagate exec: To fully leverage Vista, you need 250GB to 1TB of
    >> storage `----

    > http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9038438

    Good one Rex!

    I don't doubt for a second many cola idiots believe this.

+ Reply to Thread