Re: [News] [Rights] Schwarzenegger terminates data protection - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rights] Schwarzenegger terminates data protection - Linux ; [H]omer espoused: > Schwarzenegger says hasta la vista to California data protection law: > > .---- >| California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed AB 779, a >| legislative proposal that would have significantly increased >| standards for data protection. > ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rights] Schwarzenegger terminates data protection

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Schwarzenegger says hasta la vista to California data protection law:
    >
    > .----
    >| California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed AB 779, a
    >| legislative proposal that would have significantly increased
    >| standards for data protection.
    > `----
    >
    > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ction-law.html
    >
    > Schwarzenegger is a right wing extremist who supports Dubya.
    >
    > Fortunately we have the Data Protection Act here in the UK, something
    > the US finds difficult to emulate, for some reason.

    Impossible, in fact. I know that our own government has tried to get
    around it a few times...

  2. Re: [News] [Rights] Schwarzenegger terminates data protection

    ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 19 October 2007 20:22 : \____

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Schwarzenegger says hasta la vista to California data protection law:
    >>
    >> .----
    >>| California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed AB 779, a
    >>| legislative proposal that would have significantly increased
    >>| standards for data protection.
    >> `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ction-law.html

    >> Schwarzenegger is a right wing extremist who supports Dubya.
    >>
    >> Fortunately we have the Data Protection Act here in the UK, something
    >> the US finds difficult to emulate, for some reason.
    >>

    > Impossible, in fact. I know that our own government has tried to get
    > around it a few times...

    They'll be back (to lobbying).

    Hasta la Longhorn.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?