hoiw to bypass login and password - Linux

This is a discussion on hoiw to bypass login and password - Linux ; I am a linux newbie. I have just installed 2 PCs with RH 9.0 and both can access the internet through the default gateway by way of a router-modem. On one PC that was first setup I managed to bypass ...

  1. hoiw to bypass login and password

    I am a linux newbie. I have just installed 2 PCs with RH 9.0 and both can
    access the internet through the default gateway by way of a router-modem. On
    one PC that was first setup I managed to bypass the login and password
    menus. Somehow I click on some feature and got rid of the requirement for
    login name and password. But on thw second PC I just cannot find the feature
    to do the bypass again. Where can I find the feature or edit a menu to
    bypass the login and password requirement?

  2. Re: hoiw to bypass login and password

    I suppose you are talking about graphical login under gnome i.e gdm

    To bypass login,

    1. Run gdmsetup (If you can't find it in the menus, open a terminal and
    type gdmsetup [as root] and press enter)

    2. In the "General" tab, look for the section Timed Login

    3. The rest should be pretty obvious

    --
    pravin

+ Reply to Thread