Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading - Linux ; ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 18:24 : \____ > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly: > >> BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading > > Good. It takes two to tango. *Both* parties ...

  1. Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 18:24 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >
    >> BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    > Good.

    It takes two to tango. *Both* parties (BECTA and Microsoft) should have some
    sackings, investigation...

    Jail time would be nice, but not a must. ;-)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed

  2. Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 18:24 : \____
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    >> Good.

    > It takes two to tango. *Both* parties (BECTA and Microsoft) should have some
    > sackings, investigation...
    >
    > Jail time would be nice, but not a must. ;-)

    It does look like they've been found out. I presume that Becta decided
    to act first, in the hope that it would stop their own incompetence from
    being put under the spotlight.

    I wonder if some of the major culprits have recently left Becta, or are
    just about to?

  3. Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 18:24 : \____
    >>
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:

    >>> Good.

    >> It takes two to tango. *Both* parties (BECTA and Microsoft) should have
    >> some sackings, investigation...
    >>
    >> Jail time would be nice, but not a must. ;-)
    >>

    > It does look like they've been found out. I presume that Becta decided
    > to act first, in the hope that it would stop their own incompetence from
    > being put under the spotlight.
    >
    > I wonder if some of the major culprits have recently left Becta, or are
    > just about to?

    I reckon Ubuntu people should send in a couple of liveCDs to
    every school and college free and warn them to stop purchasing
    any more Micoshaft products pending the outcome of the
    Office of Fair Trading investigation. In the mean time, try out
    Ubuntu and Kubuntu disks free of charge and write to their
    IT heads to insist that free software be distributed to children,
    parents and teachers alike.

  4. Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    7 espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 19 October 2007 18:24 : \____

    >>> It takes two to tango. *Both* parties (BECTA and Microsoft) should have
    >>> some sackings, investigation...
    >>>
    >>> Jail time would be nice, but not a must. ;-)
    >>>

    >> It does look like they've been found out. I presume that Becta decided
    >> to act first, in the hope that it would stop their own incompetence from
    >> being put under the spotlight.
    >>
    >> I wonder if some of the major culprits have recently left Becta, or are
    >> just about to?

    > I reckon Ubuntu people should send in a couple of liveCDs to
    > every school and college free and warn them to stop purchasing
    > any more Micoshaft products pending the outcome of the
    > Office of Fair Trading investigation. In the mean time, try out
    > Ubuntu and Kubuntu disks free of charge and write to their
    > IT heads to insist that free software be distributed to children,
    > parents and teachers alike.

    The problem actually runs rather deeper than you'd think. Quite a lot
    of fairly essential software for schools (grading/testing, as well as
    financial management) is very much Microsoft-only, which means moving
    off an all-MS environment is tougher than you'd think. It's not
    impossible, though, and we're looking at it at my school.

  5. Re: BECTA$ reports Micoshaft to Office of Fair Trading

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > 7 espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> It does look like they've been found out. I presume that Becta decided
    >>> to act first, in the hope that it would stop their own incompetence from
    >>> being put under the spotlight.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if some of the major culprits have recently left Becta, or are
    >>> just about to?

    >> I reckon Ubuntu people should send in a couple of liveCDs to
    >> every school and college free and warn them to stop purchasing
    >> any more Micoshaft products pending the outcome of the
    >> Office of Fair Trading investigation. In the mean time, try out
    >> Ubuntu and Kubuntu disks free of charge and write to their
    >> IT heads to insist that free software be distributed to children,
    >> parents and teachers alike.
    >>

    > The problem actually runs rather deeper than you'd think. Quite a lot
    > of fairly essential software for schools (grading/testing, as well as
    > financial management) is very much Microsoft-only, which means moving
    > off an all-MS environment is tougher than you'd think. It's not
    > impossible, though, and we're looking at it at my school.

    All it requires is one person(s) to unlock the key and the
    procedure can be replicated across EU.
    Norway has already done it.
    UK could go there on a fact finding mission and copy the
    model exactly.

+ Reply to Thread