[News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights - Linux ; Pump-and-dump scammers debut MP3 spam ,----[ Quote ] | Stock spammers have abandoned PDF files and image spam with a new campaign | featuring MP3 files. `---- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/18/mp3_stock_spam/ Massive MP3 spam outbreak from stock pumpers http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14934/1054/ Related: The end of ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights

    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/18/mp3_stock_spam/

    Massive MP3 spam outbreak from stock pumpers

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14934/1054/

    Related:

    The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
    | are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will happen next: RIP,
    | Windows. *
    `----

    http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=456

    Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
    | * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
    | * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | the BBC reports.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

    Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Although it's most commonly called a worm, Storm is really more: a worm, a
    | Trojan horse and a bot all rolled into one. It's also the most successful
    | example we have of a new breed of worm, and I've seen estimates that between
    | 1 million and 50 million computers have been infected worldwide. *
    `----

    http://www.wired.com/politics/securi...tymatters_1004

    Security expert: Storm botnet 'services' could be sold

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "This effectively allows the Storm author to segment the Storm botnet into
    | smaller networks," Stewart wrote in his blog post. "This could be a precursor
    | to selling Storm to other spammers, as an end-to-end spam botnet system,
    | complete with fast-flux DNS and hosting capabilities. If that's the case, we
    | might see a lot more of Storm in the future."
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6213781.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:07:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Related:
    >
    > The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
    > | are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will happen next: RIP,
    > | Windows. *
    > `----

    More like "die in a fire, Windows".

+ Reply to Thread