[News] Linux Gets Earcandy - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux Gets Earcandy - Linux ; PulseAudio to bring earcandy to Linux ,----[ Quote ] | PulseAudio provides the infrastructure needed to bring a next-generation | audio experience to the Linux desktop. `---- http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...candy-to-linux Related: Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz ,----[ Quote ] | Anyway, ...

  1. [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...candy-to-linux

    Related:

    Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
    | have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
    | before the beta.
    `----

    http://topicpulse.com/articles/artic...e_with_compiz/

    Compiz fusion with ubuntu gutsy 7.10

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wooowww, take a look at this video showing what ubuntu gutsy 7.10 ( isn’t
    | released officially yet ) and compiz fusion has to offer.
    `----

    http://www.joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/...tu-gutsy-71/88

  2. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:16:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    (snip)

    > Compiz fusion with ubuntu gutsy 7.10
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Wooowww, take a look at this video showing what ubuntu gutsy 7.10 (
    > isn’t | released officially yet ) and compiz fusion has to offer. `----
    >
    > http://www.joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/...n-with-ubuntu-

    gutsy-71/88

    Does it add the ability to have different wallpaper on different desktops
    yet?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    Rick did eloquently scribble:
    > On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:16:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > (snip)
    >>
    >> Compiz fusion with ubuntu gutsy 7.10
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Wooowww, take a look at this video showing what ubuntu gutsy 7.10 (
    >> isn?t | released officially yet ) and compiz fusion has to offer. `----
    >>
    >> http://www.joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/...n-with-ubuntu-

    > gutsy-71/88

    > Does it add the ability to have different wallpaper on different desktops
    > yet?

    No, buy the new compiz does so it won't be long.

  4. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Friday 19 October 2007 11:57 : \____

    > Rick did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:16:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>>
    >>> Compiz fusion with ubuntu gutsy 7.10
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> isn?t | released officially yet ) and compiz fusion has to offer. `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/...n-with-ubuntu-

    >> gutsy-71/88

    >> Does it add the ability to have different wallpaper on different desktops
    >> yet?

    > No, buy the new compiz does so it won't be long.

    Both GNOME and KDE do this actually. At the least... for quite some time in
    fact... at least 4 year in KDE's case.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
    Tasks: 121 total, 1 running, 118 sleeping, 0 stopped, 2 zombie

  5. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Friday 19 October 2007 11:57 : \____
    >
    >> Rick did eloquently scribble:
    >>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:16:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> (snip)

    >>> gutsy-71/88

    >>> Does it add the ability to have different wallpaper on different desktops
    >>> yet?

    >> No, buy the new compiz does so it won't be long.

    > Both GNOME and KDE do this actually. At the least... for quite some time in
    > fact... at least 4 year in KDE's case.

    No, Gnome does not. It relies on Nautilus to manage the the desktop. You
    can use Walpapoz (sp?), but that is not Gnome. From what I have read,
    KDE doesn't either if you are using Compiz.

  6. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    ____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 17:50 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Friday 19 October 2007 11:57 : \____
    >>
    >>> Rick did eloquently scribble:

    >>> No, buy the new compiz does so it won't be long.

    >> Both GNOME and KDE do this actually. At the least... for quite some time in
    >> fact... at least 4 year in KDE's case.
    >>

    > No, Gnome does not. It relies on Nautilus to manage the the desktop. You
    > can use Walpapoz (sp?), but that is not Gnome. From what I have read,
    > KDE doesn't either if you are using Compiz.

    Interesting.

    Well, as far as GNOME goes, a colleague of mine achieved this, so I assumed it
    was built in as a capability. It didn't exist in GNOME when I was using Ubuntu
    4.10 at one of my jobs.

    As for KDE, it existed in version 3.1 and probably earlier versions as well.
    The GUI was a bit complex compared to the layout that you find in 3.5.x.
    Still, it's built into vanilla KDE and works fantastically.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed

  7. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 17:50 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Friday 19 October 2007 11:57 : \____

    >>> Both GNOME and KDE do this actually. At the least... for quite some time in
    >>> fact... at least 4 year in KDE's case.
    >>>

    >> No, Gnome does not. It relies on Nautilus to manage the the desktop. You
    >> can use Walpapoz (sp?), but that is not Gnome. From what I have read,
    >> KDE doesn't either if you are using Compiz.

    > Interesting.
    >
    > Well, as far as GNOME goes, a colleague of mine achieved this, so I assumed it
    > was built in as a capability. It didn't exist in GNOME when I was using Ubuntu
    > 4.10 at one of my jobs.
    >
    > As for KDE, it existed in version 3.1 and probably earlier versions as well.
    > The GUI was a bit complex compared to the layout that you find in 3.5.x.
    > Still, it's built into vanilla KDE and works fantastically.

    .... apparently not with Compiz.

  8. Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

    ____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 19:55 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> ____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 17:50 : \____

    >>> No, Gnome does not. It relies on Nautilus to manage the the desktop. You
    >>> can use Walpapoz (sp?), but that is not Gnome. From what I have read,
    >>> KDE doesn't either if you are using Compiz.

    >> Interesting.
    >>
    >> Well, as far as GNOME goes, a colleague of mine achieved this, so I assumed
    >> it was built in as a capability. It didn't exist in GNOME when I was using
    >> Ubuntu 4.10 at one of my jobs.
    >>
    >> As for KDE, it existed in version 3.1 and probably earlier versions as well.
    >> The GUI was a bit complex compared to the layout that you find in 3.5.x.
    >> Still, it's built into vanilla KDE and works fantastically.
    >>

    > ... apparently not with Compiz.

    Sounds reasonable. When I come to think about it, I never saw a Beryl video
    with different wallpapers on different sides of the cube (or other shape).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq
    Tasks: 115 total, 1 running, 111 sleeping, 0 stopped, 3 zombie