Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!! - Linux

This is a discussion on Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!! - Linux ; I installed Real Player 10 Gold (specifically - v10.0.3.748 gold) on my linux machine. I am using Mandrake Linux 10.1. The rpm package of real player installed successfully. Also, when I open the Real Player, (by the 'realplay' command), it ...

  1. Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    I installed Real Player 10 Gold (specifically - v10.0.3.748 gold) on my
    linux machine. I am using Mandrake Linux 10.1. The rpm package of real
    player installed successfully. Also, when I open the Real Player, (by
    the 'realplay' command), it opens just fine.

    The problems comes when I try to open some file by File->Open File. As
    soon as I open any file (mp3 or rm etc.), the real player crashes
    giving me the following output:

    /usr/bin/realplay: line 75: 5029 Floating point exception$REALPLAYBIN
    "$@"

    Can someone please help!!!

    (I need real player working on my machine so that I can listen to
    streaming audio in my firefox browser)

  2. Re: Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    Spake Rahul Batra:
    > (I need real player working on my machine so that I can listen to
    > streaming audio in my firefox browser)

    Are you sure? ISTR Mplayer and trplayer can play realaudio and
    realvideo streams; mplayer has a mozilla (and presumably therefore
    Firefox) plugin.

    --
    Trent Buck, Student Errant
    Solaris IE resembled a well written Unix application in the same way

  3. Re: Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    On 21 Mar 2005, Rahul Batra wrote:

    > I installed Real Player 10 Gold (specifically - v10.0.3.748 gold) on my
    > linux machine. I am using Mandrake Linux 10.1. The rpm package of real
    > player installed successfully. Also, when I open the Real Player, (by
    > the 'realplay' command), it opens just fine.
    >
    > The problems comes when I try to open some file by File->Open File. As
    > soon as I open any file (mp3 or rm etc.), the real player crashes
    > giving me the following output:
    >
    > /usr/bin/realplay: line 75: 5029 Floating point exception$REALPLAYBIN
    > "$@"
    >

    > Can someone please help!!!
    >
    > (I need real player working on my machine so that I can listen to
    > streaming audio in my firefox browser)

    I'm getting the exact same error , except I'm using red hat 9, kernel
    version 2.4.20-8.

    thanks

    Jeff

  4. Re: Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    I installed the mplayer plugin for firefox & mozilla from
    http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
    This plugin is able to play 'wma' files successfully in both mozilla &
    firefox, but still it CANNOT play streaming real media in my browser
    (even though i added the line enable-real=1 in the
    $HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf file)

    I tried to open a .rm file with my mplayer (version 1.0pre5-3.4.1) &
    got the error => "Cannot find cook.so.6.0"
    Then, I downloaded the essential mplayer codecs from
    http://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/rel...050216.tar.bz2
    and extracted it to /usr/local/lib/codecs
    Then, I tried to open a .rm file again with my mplayer, & it gave me
    the error => "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6B6F6F63"

    So, finally in the end:
    1) NO program on my linux machine (including real player) is able to
    play real media files.
    2) my browsers still CANNOT play the streaming real media.

    Any suggestions?
    Will using Helix Player instead of Real Player help?
    Is this realated somehow to my $HOME/.mailcap file?

  5. Re: Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    Rahul Batra wrote:
    > I installed the mplayer plugin for firefox & mozilla from
    > http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
    > This plugin is able to play 'wma' files successfully in both mozilla &
    > firefox, but still it CANNOT play streaming real media in my browser
    > (even though i added the line enable-real=1 in the
    > $HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf file)
    >
    > I tried to open a .rm file with my mplayer (version 1.0pre5-3.4.1) &
    > got the error => "Cannot find cook.so.6.0"
    > Then, I downloaded the essential mplayer codecs from
    > http://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/rel...050216.tar.bz2
    > and extracted it to /usr/local/lib/codecs
    > Then, I tried to open a .rm file again with my mplayer, & it gave me
    > the error => "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6B6F6F63"
    >
    > So, finally in the end:
    > 1) NO program on my linux machine (including real player) is able to
    > play real media files.
    > 2) my browsers still CANNOT play the streaming real media.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    > Will using Helix Player instead of Real Player help?
    > Is this realated somehow to my $HOME/.mailcap file?

    Hmm, I installed RealPlayer 10 (10.0.3.748) from my SuSE Pro DVD.
    It works perfectly, both standalone, and inside Mozilla (1.7.6).

    Will your installed RealPlayer 10 play the test clips found
    here?:

    http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/

    Regards,
    Larry

  6. Re: Real Player Crash Problem - Please Help!!!

    Problem solved (finally):

    I downloaded the latest nightly build of real player:
    http://forms.helixcommunity.org/heli...alplay-current

    It seems there was a bug in Real Player v10.0.3.748

    Now i've v10.1.0.812 which is working perfectly fine :-)

+ Reply to Thread