[News] Microsoft Funds Study on its Shillcosystems - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft Funds Study on its Shillcosystems - Linux ; [Microsoft-funded] Survey says: Microsoft ecosystem is biggest ,----[ Quote ] | The IDC study--which Microsoft has been commissioning in different forms for | the past five years--also forecasts positive growth for the IT industry and | workers, with developing countries ...

  1. [News] Microsoft Funds Study on its Shillcosystems

    [Microsoft-funded] Survey says: Microsoft ecosystem is biggest

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The IDC study--which Microsoft has been commissioning in different forms for
    | the past five years--also forecasts positive growth for the IT industry and
    | workers, with developing countries leading the way.
    `----

    Partners for partners. Offering 'protection' and bribes in the pursuit for
    OOXML, for example.

    Related:

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX03096.pdf

    Microsoft admits Swedish employee promised incentives for Open XML support

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp. admitted Wednesday that an employee at its Swedish subsidiary
    | offered monetary compensation to partners for voting in favor of the Office
    | Open XML document format's approval as an ISO standard.
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9033701

    Microsoft-backed study sees Vista creating U.S. jobs

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A Microsoft-commissioned study estimates that Windows Vista could
    | create 100,000 new IT-related jobs in the United States.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6142111.html

    IDC pronounces Linux unimportant to European economy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A recent IDC white paper on the economic impact of Microsoft's super
    | soaraway new Vista operating system seems to be lacking one crucial
    | ingredient -- other operating systems.
    `---- * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    A new Microsoft-commissioned anti-Linux study debuts

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft seemingly has backed off from trumpeting its "Get the
    | Facts" studies, as of late. But that doesn't mean the company has
    | ceased commissioning research outfits to perform its anti-Linux dirty
    | work.
    |
    | On September 25, Mercer Management Consulting released a new
    | Microsoft-backed study. The study is entitled "Driving Lower TCO and
    | Rapid ROI through UNIX Migrations." The synopsis: "Microsoft Windows
    | the preferred choice for UNIX migration when IT organizations migrate
    | servers as part of a focused effort to improve business processes,
    | deploy critical applications or restructure their IT architecture."
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/index.php?p=12

    Leaked letter warns of open source 'threat to eco-system'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | leaked letter to the European Commission has revealed the extent of
    | lobbying by proprietary software groups to prevent the widespread
    | adoption of open-source software.
    |
    | Sent in response to a recent report on the role of open-source
    | software in the European economy, Microsoft-funded pressure
    | group, the Initiative for Software Choice (ISC) warned of
    | potentially dire effects if too much encouragement was given
    | to open source software development.
    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7109

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Funds Study on its Shillcosystems

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > [Microsoft-funded] Survey says: Microsoft ecosystem is biggest
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The IDC study--which Microsoft has been commissioning in different forms for
    >| the past five years--also forecasts positive growth for the IT industry and
    >| workers, with developing countries leading the way.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-979...=2547-1_3-0-20
    >
    > Partners for partners. Offering 'protection' and bribes in the pursuit for
    > OOXML, for example.

    Ahh, shilcosystem - I love that term!