Mac is better than Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Mac is better than Linux - Linux ; Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts in it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance? -- Dr Jon D ...

  1. Mac is better than Linux

    Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts in
    it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u

  2. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    Jon Harrop wrote:

    > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts
    > in it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    > Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    no

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  3. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    "Jon Harrop" wrote in message

    > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts
    > in
    > it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    > Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    No. It's just that Mac users have more time on their hands to post.....Macs
    not being used for business as much as Linux or Windows or even Unix.

    I wish I had that kind of time.

    jim

  4. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:52:06 +0100, Jon Harrop wrote:

    > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more
    > posts in it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is
    > better than Linux

    No.

    > or will all of the replies to this post redress the
    > balance?

    No.

    Try harder.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    On Oct 18, 2:15 am, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > Jon Harrop wrote:
    >
    > > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts
    > > in it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    > > Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    > no

    Wrong again Shearman! The answer is maybe.

  6. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    Jon Harrop wrote:

    >Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts in
    >it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    >Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    Idiot.

  7. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > Jon Harrop wrote:
    >
    >>Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts
    >>in
    >>it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    >>Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    > Idiot.

    [ERRATUM]
    Idiot
    *plonk*

  8. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    On Oct 18, 3:31 am, "jim" wrote:
    > "Jon Harrop" wrote in message

    > > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more posts
    > > in
    > > it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    > > Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    > No. It's just that Mac users have more time on their hands to post.....Macs
    > not being used for business as much as Linux or Windows or even Unix.

    The reason Mac users have more time than linux users is because a Mac
    "JUST WORKS"

    On the other hand linux users are always looking for wifi or printer
    drivers or editing hidden .rc files in order to get their system
    working and have less free time than a Mac user.

    That's why most people would rather pay top $$$ for a Mac than use
    linux for free.

    > I wish I had that kind of time.

    Buy a Mac and you will.

  9. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    some idiot forging Sinister Midget wrote:

    >Buy a Mac and you will.

    Who cares what a stupid forging troll thinks?

  10. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    "Sinister Midget" wrote in message
    news:1192732714.475044.195150@e9g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Oct 18, 3:31 am, "jim" wrote:
    >> "Jon Harrop" wrote in message

    >> > Just looking at my news reader here, comp.sys.mac.advocacy has more
    >> > posts
    >> > in
    >> > it than comp.os.linux.advocacy. Does this mean that Mac is better than
    >> > Linux or will all of the replies to this post redress the balance?

    >> No. It's just that Mac users have more time on their hands to
    >> post.....Macs
    >> not being used for business as much as Linux or Windows or even Unix.

    > The reason Mac users have more time than linux users is because a Mac
    > "JUST WORKS"

    I'm sure that it does "just work" with the play apps that it comes with.
    The problem is that it just doesn't work in business in most companies.

    Macs are great...if you don't have a real job that entails working with most
    of the business world.

    > On the other hand linux users are always looking for wifi or printer
    > drivers or editing hidden .rc files in order to get their system
    > working and have less free time than a Mac user.
    >

    > That's why most people would rather pay top $$$ for a Mac than use
    > linux for free.

    Most Mac people are less computer-literate than Windows users. In fact,
    every Mac user I know used to be a Windows user, but couldn't take the
    frustration of dealing with a system that is targeted by more hackers than
    Macs have users.

    That is the real reason the people pay top $$$ for a Mac. If they couldn't
    survive in the Windows world, they don't have a snowball's chance in Hell in
    Linux. Mac people pay Apple to think for them - not that there's anything
    wrong with that.

    >> I wish I had that kind of time.

    > Buy a Mac and you will.

    I'm sure you are right. All of my clients would dissappear, leaving me with
    untold amounts of time to sit here and argue logic with one who can hardly
    spell it.

    jim

  11. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:38:34 -0700, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On the other hand linux users are always looking for wifi or printer
    > drivers or editing hidden .rc files in order to get their system
    > working and have less free time than a Mac user.

    My HP OfficeJet 5610 arrived today, plugged it in, attached the USB cable
    and in mine amd my wife's system through my IPP port ... Ubuntu, Add
    Printer, guess what? it worked on Linux out of the box as advertised.
    Connected and networked. XSane worked, scanned the first time, dreamy. No
    reboots or any other such mess. Not kidding, not exaggerating.

    > That's why most people would rather pay top $$$ for a Mac than use linux
    > for free.

    I see your most and raise you an Ubuntu..X100 if you have that many
    machines. Free.

    >> I wish I had that kind of time.

    > Buy a Mac and you will.

    Mac does have better licensing .. now .. than you know who. It wasn't
    always that way, I haven't forgotten.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  12. Re: Mac is better than Linux

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > some idiot forging Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >>Buy a Mac and you will.

    > Who cares what a stupid forging troll thinks?

    Oops! I'm very sorry I flamed you. My shrink gave me those new meds today to
    refrain me from swearing, but the dosage is too low!

+ Reply to Thread