Re: [News] Yet another Linux based product from Nokia - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Yet another Linux based product from Nokia - Linux ; [H]omer wrote: > Nokia releases new version of Linux tablet > > .---- > | Nokia Corp. announced on Wednesday the latest version of its > | Linux-based tablet device, this time with a full keyboard. > `---- > > ...

  1. Re: [News] Yet another Linux based product from Nokia

    [H]omer wrote:
    > Nokia releases new version of Linux tablet
    >
    > .----
    > | Nokia Corp. announced on Wednesday the latest version of its
    > | Linux-based tablet device, this time with a full keyboard.
    > `----
    >
    > http://open.itworld.com/4917/071017n...et/page_1.html
    >
    > Unlike most tablets, this one has a slide-out keyboard.
    >
    > There seems to be an unprecedented amount of buzz surrounding this
    > little gem. Have a look for yourself, and see why:
    >
    > http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/17/n...gets-official/

    Being a vi user, I hope that big button on the left is the ex-cape key.

  2. Re: [News] Yet another Linux based product from Nokia

    owl espoused:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    >> Nokia releases new version of Linux tablet
    >>
    >> .----
    >> | Nokia Corp. announced on Wednesday the latest version of its
    >> | Linux-based tablet device, this time with a full keyboard.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://open.itworld.com/4917/071017n...et/page_1.html
    >>
    >> Unlike most tablets, this one has a slide-out keyboard.
    >>
    >> There seems to be an unprecedented amount of buzz surrounding this
    >> little gem. Have a look for yourself, and see why:
    >>
    >> http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/17/n...gets-official/
    >>

    > Being a vi user, I hope that big button on the left is the ex-cape key.

    You can use vi on the N800 with a bluetooth keyboard. It's surprisingly
    usable. I've not tried the 810.