Linux Foundation to begin third annual desktop Linux survey

,----[ Quote ]
| This survey has been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian,
| French and Spanish in order to allow the broadest possible participation.
`----

Linux Foundation's Jim Zemlin on the Virtues of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: How's Linus Torvalds doing?
|
| A: He is one of the lowest-maintenance employees I have ever encountered. At
| the foundation, our policy with Linus is just make sure that we pay him every
| two weeks and enable him to do the great stuff that he's already doing.
`----

Kernel space: Linux gets CAN support

,----[ Quote ]
| There have been CAN implementations on Linux before, though none have made
| their way into the mainline. Most of them, however, have taken the easy way
| out: make a CAN controller look more-or-less like a serial port and implement
| the protocols at the application level.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...rss-linux-news

Related:

Making Linux Drivers Free To Companies

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember Greg Kroah-Hartman's comments earlier this year about offering up
| free Linux driver development for all companies willing to provide hardware
| specifications to the developers? Novell has realized the potential of this
| open-source work and is now allowing Greg Kroah-Hartman to work full time on
| developing free software drivers that are free of charge to companies that
| are interested.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA3Nw

Kernel Comparison for Linux (2.6.18) verses Windows (2003 R2)

,----[ Quote ]
| Architectures: *Linux * Windows
| * PC x86 * * * *Y * * * Y
| * PC AMD64 * * *Y * * * Y
| * PC IA-64 * * *Y * * * Y
| * Alpha * * * * Y * * * N
| * PPC * * * * * Y * * * N
| * PPC64 * * * * Y * * * N
| * SPARC32 * * * Y * * * N
| * SPARC64 * * * Y * * * N
| * ARM * * * * * Y * * * N
| * HP PA-RISC * *Y * * * N
| * Moto 680x0 * *Y * * * N
| * MIPS * * * * *Y * * * N
| * MIPS (DEC) * *Y * * * N
| * PowerPC * * * Y * * * N
| * IBM S/390 * * Y * * * N
| * others * * * *Y * * * N
`----

http://widefox.pbwiki.com/Kernel%20C...20vs%20Windows

Is There Perfection in The Linux Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/article.php/3646456