OK and FST use Linux-based phone to accelerate mobile device innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| Nine months after its official launch, Australian developers have already
| extended the capabilities of the world's first non-proprietary Linux powered
| mobile phone.
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....01;fp;2;fpid;1

Related:

Innovation: The REAL Killer App

,----[ Quote ]
| There is no true innovation in Windows Vista. Microsoft has spent
| years developing a product that nobody cared about or wanted. All
| Microsoft was developing was the operating system they needed to
| perpetuate their Windows franchise. After long hold ups in
| development, this has left their Windows revenues at a trickle.
| The sad thing is the GNU/Linux camp has done little to combat
| this deficiency in innovation. They have been more concerned
| with creating an equivalent product at a better price rather than
| a better product at a better price. Sure GNU/Linux is a better
| product due to its inherent stability, performance and security,
| but these aren't the features that home consumers migrate
| platforms for. True innovation, such as improvements in usability,
| is the only way one can convince consumers to choose your product
| over a stagnant entrenched one like Windows. It is simple free
| market economics, the better product at the best price will win.
`----

http://free2code.blogspot.com/2007/0...iller-app.html

Change and development with open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Innovation goes hand in hand with open source software. Open source software
| builds on the innovative nature of people; it comes from people's desire to
| make something better. It also gives people the skills and resources to
| become innovative with software. *
|
| This is not abstract speculation; a recent report from a group of corporate
| CIOs states, 'faster product cycles are seen as a big advantage for open
| source - CIOs believe that product innovation is faster in open source'. *
`----

http://www.nccmembership.co.uk/poole..._WEBART_292509

Apple's Annual Developer's Conference Disappoints For Its Lack of Innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple shares fell 3.45% yesterday on general investor disappointment
| with what was perceived as a lack of innovation at Apple's annual
| software developer's conference [WWDC].
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/07...5_id.html?.v=1

Balancing open source risk and the total innovation opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| This week I have been banging on and on about the total
| innovation opportunity of using open source software as an
| enterprise development platform.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...cing_open.html

Can you leave innovation to the customer?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.theage.com.au/innovator...u_leave_i.html