Create a default user profile - Linux

This is a discussion on Create a default user profile - Linux ; In Windows 2000/XP, I create default user profile so whenever someone logs in, they get the profile I created or configured. This is done by copying the newly configured profile over to the Default User profile. By doing this, everyone ...

  1. Create a default user profile

    In Windows 2000/XP, I create default user profile so whenever someone logs
    in, they get the profile I created or configured. This is done by copying
    the newly configured profile over to the Default User profile. By doing
    this, everyone else new that logs in inherits this setup - wallpaper,
    shortcuts, etc.

    Is there a way to do this in Linux - Ubuntu system (Debian based)?

    Thanks you.

  2. Re: Create a default user profile

    Spake KT:
    > In Windows 2000/XP, I create default user profile so whenever someone logs
    > in, they get the profile I created or configured. This is done by copying
    > the newly configured profile over to the Default User profile. By doing
    > this, everyone else new that logs in inherits this setup - wallpaper,
    > shortcuts, etc.

    When you add a new user, the /etc/skel directory is copied to their
    newly created home directory. It typically contains things like default
    ..profile and .login files.

    I'm not sure how to do something like that whenever they log in.

    --
    Trent Buck, Student Errant
    `Cynical' is a term invented by idealists to describe realists.

+ Reply to Thread