The new, young Europe shows great leadeship... - Linux

This is a discussion on The new, young Europe shows great leadeship... - Linux ; ...as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A. http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png -Ramon (*) Not to mention bribable....

  1. The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    ...as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.

    http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png

    -Ramon

    (*) Not to mention bribable.

  2. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    On Oct 13, 11:59 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > ..as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.
    >
    > http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png
    >
    > -Ramon
    >
    > (*) Not to mention bribable.

    I almost forgot:

    With my apologies to my Alma Mater colleague (from Washington
    University), Pulitzer Prize winner Mike Peters, for having desecrated
    his fine cartoon. I bet he uses a Mac...

    -RFH

    http://www.grimmy.com/MikePetersBio.pdf

  3. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    On Oct 13, 8:59 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > ..as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.
    >
    > http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png
    >
    > -Ramon
    >
    > (*) Not to mention bribable.

    Lazy Eurocrats are the same old grifters their fathers used to be.

    If it's not skipping the bill on Lend Lease, or "forgetting" to fight
    the Germans and letting us do it, it's mooching off our economy for
    decades while we shield them from nukes.

    The new post-Cold War Euroscammer has to come up with new ways to
    steal from American's so he invented the Windows lawsuit and the
    IPCC. Both scams allow Euro Youth layabouts to soak the workers of
    America who actually produce goods and services and let Welfare
    enriched Franks and Czechs write themselves crits for espresso, wine
    and brie.

  4. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    On Oct 13, 1:29 pm, "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct"
    wrote:
    > On Oct 13, 8:59 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    > > ..as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.

    > > http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png

    > > -Ramon

    > > (*) Not to mention bribable.

    > Lazy Eurocrats are the same old grifters their fathers used to be.
    >

    > "forgetting" to fight the Germans and letting us do it

    Hmm, I wonder how many Europeans died in WW{I,II}?

    Ever seen a documentary about the V2s raining over England?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-2_rocket

    You are confusing France with Europe, Bailo.

    -Ramon

  5. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:48:43 -0700, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > On Oct 13, 1:29 pm, "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct"
    > wrote:
    >> On Oct 13, 8:59 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >>
    >> > ..as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.

    >> > http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png

    >> > -Ramon

    >> > (*) Not to mention bribable.

    >> Lazy Eurocrats are the same old grifters their fathers used to be.
    >>

    >> "forgetting" to fight the Germans and letting us do it

    > Hmm, I wonder how many Europeans died in WW{I,II}?
    >
    > Ever seen a documentary about the V2s raining over England?
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-2_rocket
    >
    > You are confusing France with Europe, Bailo.
    >
    > -Ramon

    Not to mention, of course, the sacrifice made by the Russians, who even
    now are receiving morally improving lectures from C. Rice of the Bush
    Administration about the need to ensure that the State does not spy on its
    citizens, and other hypocritical crap.

    The day that the US State makes a sacrifice that even comes near that
    which the Russians made in defeating Nazism is the day they will be
    entitled to lecture us all.

    Never forget: the Americans waited 2 years before they entered WWII, and
    they also waited 3 years to enter WWI.

  6. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    On 13 Oct, 18:29, "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct"
    wrote:
    > On Oct 13, 8:59 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    > > ..as opposed to the old, tired (*) US of A.

    > > http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/EuroLeader.png

    > > -Ramon

    > > (*) Not to mention bribable.

    > Lazy Eurocrats are the same old grifters their fathers used to be.
    >
    > If it's not skipping the bill on Lend Lease,

    Ah yes, Lend Lease. The USA's innovative way of fighting the Second
    World War. "Hitler's kicking your ass? Here, we'll help. We'll dump
    billions of dollars worth of incendiary bombs on German cities, and
    you Europeans can pay for them over the next fifty years. Anything
    for Democracy, lmao!"

    > or "forgetting" to fight
    > the Germans and letting us do it,

    And letting you nuke the Japanese to hell and back...

    it's mooching off our economy for
    > decades while we shield them from nukes.

    Shielding us from what nukes? The ones the Soviets never launched?
    As far as I know, the only country that's ever used nuclear weapons is
    the USA.

    > The new post-Cold War Euroscammer has to come up with new ways to
    > steal from American's so he invented the Windows lawsuit and the
    > IPCC. Both scams allow Euro Youth layabouts to soak the workers of
    > America who actually produce goods and services and let Welfare
    > enriched Franks and Czechs write themselves crits for espresso, wine
    > and brie.

    Heh heh! Yeah, we're gonna suck poor ol' Microsoft dry to finance our
    ridiculously generous welfare system. The UK government wants to
    force disabled and chronically ill people off benefits and into full-
    time work, even if their doctors say they're too ill to work.
    Ridiculously generous.

  7. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Robin T Cox belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Not to mention, of course, the sacrifice made by the Russians, who even
    > now are receiving morally improving lectures from C. Rice of the Bush
    > Administration about the need to ensure that the State does not spy on its
    > citizens, and other hypocritical crap.

    Yeah, Putin's sure getting some mileage (er, kilometerage) out of
    our behavior.

    Hey, anyone up for some waterboarding?

  8. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    If failing to innovate and fining Microsoft $685 Million is leading,
    then yes, new young Europe is leading.

    Is leading to nowhere leading?

  9. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com did eloquently scribble:

    > If failing to innovate and fining Microsoft $685 Million is leading,
    > then yes, new young Europe is leading.

    > Is leading to nowhere leading?

    Failing to innovate?
    Are you implying microsoft innovated something?

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    In article , spike1@freenet.co.uk
    wrote:
    > Failing to innovate?
    > Are you implying microsoft innovated something?
    >
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't |
    > | in | suck is probably the day they start making |
    > | Computer science | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge |

    While getting the CS degree, you didn't spend much time reading CS
    journals or conference proceedings, did you?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article , spike1@freenet.co.uk
    > wrote:
    > > Failing to innovate?
    > > Are you implying microsoft innovated something?
    > >
    > > --
    > > __________________________________________________ ______________________
    > > __ | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day
    > > Microsoft makes something that doesn't | | in |
    > > suck is probably the day they start making | | Computer science
    > > | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge |

    > While getting the CS degree, you didn't spend much time reading CS
    > journals or conference proceedings, did you?

    You don't learn how to illegally exploit a monopoly on a CS course.

    --

    Immunity is better than innoculation.

    Peter

  12. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    Tim Smith did eloquently scribble:
    > In article , spike1@freenet.co.uk
    > wrote:
    >> Failing to innovate?
    >> Are you implying microsoft innovated something?

    > While getting the CS degree, you didn't spend much time reading CS
    > journals or conference proceedings, did you?

    Nothing much involving them, no, but I do know almost everything they ever
    came up with was either bought in or nicked. Starting with DOS and
    continuing from there.

    Care to name a few of these "so called" innovations?
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  13. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    Peter Hayes did eloquently scribble:
    >> While getting the CS degree, you didn't spend much time reading CS
    >> journals or conference proceedings, did you?

    > You don't learn how to illegally exploit a monopoly on a CS course.

    Indeed.
    That'd be marketting or management.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    --
    PeKaJe

    If something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds,
    then it's probably not worth knowing anyway. -- Calvin

  15. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > That's what happened when a person is raised to be totally selfish.

    Signed,
    Perpetual Student
    Roy "Life Is Good When Dad Pays The Bills!" Schestowitz

    > It all boils down to education and culture.

    Then the OSS "community" is f*cked forever.

    > Until that is changes, corruption
    > and inhumanity will prevail.

    But Linux/OSS never will.

  16. Re: The new, young Europe shows great leadeship...

    Peter Kai Jensen espoused:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >>> "forgetting" to fight the Germans and letting us do it

    >> As I recall, the Yanks were initially too scared to even get involved
    >> in WWII, and let it rage for two years, until finally being motivated
    >> by the Japs flattened Pearl Harbor - which they did with almost no
    >> resistance, because the Yanks were too busy sitting on their fat
    >> arses, probably stuffing their faces with hamburgers. In revenge for
    >> the Japs attacking this *military* target, the yanks decided to murder
    >> tens of thousands of innocent *civilians*, from a safe distance, with
    >> nuclear weapons.

    > To be fair, though, those nukes did end the war with fewer casualties
    > (civilian and military) on both sides than any kind of invasion war
    > could ever have.
    >
    >> Meanwhile, the RAF managed to defeat the German Luftwaffe in The
    >> Battle of Britain, without much help from the yanks, *and* without
    >> resorting to killing innocent women and children with an atomic bomb.

    > I'm certain that innocent people died on both sides. Such is,
    > unfortunately, war.
    >
    >> And the operation that most significantly contributed to the end of
    >> WWII, the D-Day landings, is nonetheless widely recognised as the
    >> single biggest military ****-up in history, especially the mainly
    >> American campaign on Omaha beach, which was a massacre. If there's one
    >> thing the American military do well, it's using their own troops as
    >> cannon fodder ... well that - and killing the allies with friendly
    >> fire.

    > No doubt the American landings on D-Day was a big screw-up, only sheer
    > numbers winning the day. Had they only accepted the offer of Hobart's
    > Funnies from the British, it would have been a less horrible landing.
    > On the beaches where these specialty tanks were deployed, losses were
    > fewer and progress was faster.

    There were more than just tanks as "funnies", there were things like
    the bangalore torpedoes and so on, too - very good for clearing mines,
    barbed-wire and such like. All manner of very clever technology.

    Their naval commander was also pretty useless; he refused the direction
    from the D-day commander, Admiral Bertram Ramsey, with respect to sea
    conditions, resulting in loads of his "amphibious" tanks way off course,
    getting swamped, lost and so on, so the poor b*ggers who were on the yank
    beaches didn't get the armoured support they should have had. The British
    and Canadian beachheads were far more successfully established. I
    imagine that if they'd had their tanks, the yanks would've been in much
    better shape.

    This is a bit about Ramsey:
    http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server?...utFormat=print
    There's a statue of him at Dover Castle on one of the old gun-platforms.
    He's best known for this amazing management of the Dunkirk evacuation,
    where he managed the retrieval of over 300,000 troups, against an
    initial estimate of about 20,000.

    On the subject of friendly fire, I recall that the RAF managed to sink
    an RN anti-aircraft cruiser around this time, but I forget which one...
    anyone know?