Vista uptake is barely more than Windows 98 share - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista uptake is barely more than Windows 98 share - Linux ; Less than 1 per cent in businesses WINDOWS VISTA'S market share in businesses logs barely more users than Windows 98, reports Softpedia. Numbers are higher for home users, 9% according to survey. http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...barely-windows...

  1. Vista uptake is barely more than Windows 98 share

    Less than 1 per cent in businesses

    WINDOWS VISTA'S market share in businesses logs barely more users than
    Windows 98, reports Softpedia.

    Numbers are higher for home users, 9% according to survey.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...barely-windows

  2. Re: Vista uptake is barely more than Windows 98 share

    After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Less than 1 per cent in businesses
    >
    > WINDOWS VISTA'S market share in businesses logs barely more users than
    > Windows 98, reports Softpedia.
    >

    > Numbers are higher for home users, 9% according to survey.
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...barely-windows

    That's because home users just generally don't know much about the
    systems they are considering for purchase.

    I can imagine Gates saying "Those idiots don't know what they're buying,
    so they might as well be buying our stuff."

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: Vista uptake is barely more than Windows 98 share

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu

    wrote
    on Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:07:55 -0700
    <1192021675.211324.88170@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.co m>:

    > Less than 1 per cent in businesses
    >
    > WINDOWS VISTA'S market share in businesses logs barely more users than
    > Windows 98, reports Softpedia.
    >

    > Numbers are higher for home users, 9% according to survey.
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...barely-windows

    The stats I've seen thus far are consistent with a 4.5-5 year
    hardware refresh cycle.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.