Re: [News] Ballmer's latest FUD - attacks Google, Red Hat, and others - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Ballmer's latest FUD - attacks Google, Red Hat, and others - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Ballmer: All open source dev should happen on Windows > > Ballmer, as ever, struts around confidently proclaiming utter bull****. >sniff I smell fear....

  1. Re: [News] Ballmer's latest FUD - attacks Google, Red Hat, and others

    After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Ballmer: All open source dev should happen on Windows
    >
    > Ballmer, as ever, struts around confidently proclaiming utter bull****.

    >sniff<

    I smell fear.

  2. Re: [News] Ballmer's latest FUD - attacks Google, Red Hat, andothers

    On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:32:03 GMT
    Linonut wrote:

    > There ain't a thing Ballmer can do about Linux and open source except
    > frighten a few businesses, and that, mostly in the U.S.
    >
    > Too many businesses have too much invested in OSS to let Microsoft
    > stifle its usage.
    >
    > And, even if they did, there are millions of OSS-using and OSS-writing
    > individuals for whom business interests do not apply.
    >
    > Like the Internet (still), OSS is self-healing. I don't see that
    > changing, even with intensive lobbying.
    >
    > So relax, Martha! GNU/Linux ain't goin' away! Ballmer's a gorilla,
    > chafing at the Linux fleas infesting his hide.

    *TONGUE IN CHEEK*

    Why do people keep talking about OSS? It's something that died ages
    ago, everyone's using ALSA now. Geeze get with the times.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qV1cMT70FCQ&NR=1

    --
    The bread crumbs to www.panic.net is bombing like a macintosh because
    of nurf herders. US West is selling their dialup customers to Earthlink.

+ Reply to Thread