Re: Please tell me this website is satire. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Please tell me this website is satire. - Linux ; DFS wrote: > Linux Format magazine recently had a pic of Alan Cox in all his > hideous open source glory: scraggly beard and holes in his sweater. > Fairly repulsive. And yet, as "repulsive" as he is, he has ...

  1. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    DFS wrote:

    > Linux Format magazine recently had a pic of Alan Cox in all his
    > hideous open source glory: scraggly beard and holes in his sweater.
    > Fairly repulsive.

    And yet, as "repulsive" as he is, he has a life that extends beyond
    trolling Usenet newsgroups like a 4 year old whose pissed off because
    his parents grounded him for trying to perform oral sex on the
    neighbor's cat.

  2. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:22:18 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Linux Format magazine recently had a pic of Alan Cox in all his
    >> hideous open source glory: scraggly beard and holes in his sweater.
    >> Fairly repulsive.

    > And yet, as "repulsive" as he is, he has a life that extends beyond
    > trolling Usenet newsgroups like a 4 year old whose pissed off because
    > his parents grounded him for trying to perform oral sex on the
    > neighbor's cat.

    Obviously, DFS judges a person's worth only by their appearance.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Kier wrote:

    > Obviously, DFS judges a person's worth only by their appearance.

    Not only that, of course: their net worth and income is just as important.

    Kier: toothless and broke?

  4. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:33:56 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >> Obviously, DFS judges a person's worth only by their appearance.

    > Not only that, of course: their net worth and income is just as important.
    >
    > Kier: toothless and broke?

    Nope.

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Kier wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:33:56 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Kier wrote:
    >>
    >>> Obviously, DFS judges a person's worth only by their appearance.

    >> Not only that, of course: their net worth and income is just as
    >> important.
    >>
    >> Kier: toothless and broke?

    > Nope.

    I sense your net worth has 5 digits, and 2 of them are to the right of the
    decimal point.

  6. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:43:19 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >>> Not only that, of course: their net worth and income is just as
    >>> important.
    >>>
    >>> Kier: toothless and broke?

    >> Nope.

    > I sense your net worth has 5 digits, and 2 of them are to the right of the
    > decimal point.

    I sense that you are a complete idiot. Not that it would matter if I
    *were* broke, it wouldn't change my worth as a human being one iota.
    Wealth does not define good character, decency or kindness, it does not
    endow intelligence, it does not bring love. Being rich does not make
    people brave, or funny, creative.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > I sense that you are a complete idiot. Not that it would matter if I
    > *were* broke, it wouldn't change my worth as a human being one iota.
    > Wealth does not define good character, decency or kindness, it does not
    > endow intelligence, it does not bring love. Being rich does not make
    > people brave, or funny, creative.

    Ah, but Kier, you're forgetting the old adage:

    Life is a **** sandwich.
    It tastes better if you have a lot of bread.

    --
    Tux rox!

  8. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    > >> Not only that, of course: their net worth and income is just as
    > >> important.
    > >>
    > >> Kier: toothless and broke?

    > > Nope.

    > I sense your net worth has 5 digits, and 2 of them are to the right
    > of the decimal point.

    I sense the average annual income of your entire family never SEES a
    decimal point.

+ Reply to Thread