Internal Modem installation - Linux

This is a discussion on Internal Modem installation - Linux ; hai iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal modem driver in linux pc (Fedora) jafar mg...

  1. Internal Modem installation

    hai

    iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal
    modem driver in linux pc (Fedora)

    jafar mg

  2. Re: Internal Modem installation

    Take a look at:

    http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Modem-HOWTO.html

    Or find modem in that web page (for more specific modem config):

    http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...EX/howtos.html

    Jean

    Jafar wrote:
    > hai
    >
    > iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal
    > modem driver in linux pc (Fedora)
    >
    > jafar mg

  3. Re: Internal Modem installation

    Jafar wrote on Tuesday 15 Mar 2005 12:23:

    > hai
    >
    > iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal
    > modem driver in linux pc (Fedora)

    1. Which internal modem are you using? It seems that most internal modems
    these days are Conexant - you can get drivers for these from linuxant.com,
    but you'll need to pay for them to get speeds higher than 14.4Kbps. You'll
    need to know your kernel version ($ uname -r) to get the appropriate
    drivers.

    2. I found that it is a lot easier to buy an external modem and be done with
    it. It'll work right out of the box in Linux and Windows, if you need it
    to.

    HTH,
    - QS Computing.

    --