DVD burning tool - Linux

This is a discussion on DVD burning tool - Linux ; Hi, I am looking for a good burning CD/DVD tool. Can somebody recommand a software to achieve this ? Thanks...

  1. DVD burning tool

    Hi,

    I am looking for a good burning CD/DVD tool. Can somebody recommand a
    software to achieve this ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: DVD burning tool

    'Nero Burner' (http://tinyurl.com/625eg)

    also

    'Music Match' (http://www.musicmatch.com/)

    If this isn't what you are looking for, do a search for *DVD and C
    Burner Download*

    Enjoy :

    -
    Doc - Drake In Authorit

    Meh... What's up Doc.

    Windows = *Doesn't Open*
    Contact me at: *Bluehat@LinuxCult.com
    Doc's Profile: http:/linuxcult.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=709
    View this thread: http://linuxcult.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=873

  3. Re: DVD burning tool

    Doc wrote:
    > 'Nero Burner' (http://tinyurl.com/625eg)

    Which is for windows, not linux.

    > also

    > 'Music Match' (http://www.musicmatch.com/)

    Which is for windows, not linux.

  4. Re: DVD burning tool

    Alex Hunsley wrote:
    > Doc wrote:
    >
    >> 'Nero Burner' (http://tinyurl.com/625eg)

    > Which is for windows, not linux.
    >

    >> also

    >> 'Music Match' (http://www.musicmatch.com/)

    > Which is for windows, not linux.

    So what. After all you are using Windows:

  5. Re: DVD burning tool

    if you're in linux, a nice tool called "xroast" should have come with
    it. There are a couple other tools, so look around.

    poly-p man

  6. Re: DVD burning tool

    julia wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a good burning CD/DVD tool. Can somebody recommand a
    > software to achieve this ?
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.k3b.org

    Mihai

  7. Re: DVD burning tool

    Spake julia:
    > I am looking for a good burning CD/DVD tool. Can somebody recommand a
    > software to achieve this ?

    This is not the answer you want.

    I create data CDs with the mkisofs(1) program. For example:

    mkisofs -R -J *.avi -o /tmp/tmp.iso

    I use cdrecord(1) to actually write to the disc:

    cdrecord -v dev=/dev/cdrom /tmp/tmp.iso

    This is the answer you want.

    K3B is the most popular front-end to those programs. You can read
    about it here

    http://www.k3b.org/

    If you tell us which distribution you are using, we can explain the
    best way to install it. For example, on Debian you would open a
    console and type

    su

    apt-get install k3b

    --
    Trent Buck, Student Errant
    You cannot run Windows innocently. Guilt of aiding & abetting, at the

  8. Re: DVD burning tool

    i may be mistaken, but don't you mean xcdroast? afaik, it's just a
    frontend to cdrecord (cdrao?). in any case, i love xcdroast. it can
    be found at http://www.xcdroast.org but is also present in the debian
    apt repositories (apt-get install xcdroast) and gentoo's portage
    (emerge xcdroast)

  9. Re: DVD burning tool

    As a Debian/Gnome user, I like the way it is integrated in Gnome's
    Nautilus. I like to make a lot of test installs, so I like
    being able to just right-click on an image/iso file and select "Burn to
    CD/DVD". Also, when I pop in a fresh one, a Nautilus window for files to
    be written on the blank disk opens.

    Den Fri, 11 Mar 2005 06:19:08 -0800. skrev julia:
    > Hi,
    > I am looking for a good burning CD/DVD tool. Can somebody recommand a
    > software to achieve this ?
    > Thanks

  10. Re: DVD burning tool

    Spake Morten Juhl Johansen:
    > As a Debian/Gnome user, I like the way it is integrated in Gnome's
    > Nautilus. I like to make a lot of test installs, so I like
    > being able to just right-click on an image/iso file and select "Burn to
    > CD/DVD". Also, when I pop in a fresh one, a Nautilus window for files to
    > be written on the blank disk opens.

    To clarify: That is part of GNOME, not Debian. In Debian the nautilus
    burn module is called "nautilus-cd-burner".

    --
    Trent Buck, Student Errant
    Lots of couples say, "We want a baby". I never heard one say, "We want

+ Reply to Thread