    and test some program in library.

    Thank you very much!

  2. Re: how to change the vnc port to 80 ?

    On 2005-03-10, Ben wrote:
    > The library open the port 80 only.
    > could someone tell me how to change the vnc port to 80.
    > and so I can remote control my home computer
    > and test some program in library.

    If VNC can't do it, you can from within a terminal inside VNC do an ssh
    to localhost mapping port 5900+display to 80.

    Better yet, run sshd on port 80 and do an ssh login from home to the
    machine mapping the VNC port to your home machine. Then connect to the
    home machine.

    --- Jan

  3. Re: how to change the vnc port to 80 ?

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:16:26 +0800, Ben wrote:

    > The library open the port 80 only.
    > could someone tell me how to change the vnc port to 80.
    > and so I can remote control my home computer
    > and test some program in library.
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    Its not a good idea to have a vnc server directly on the net, using ssh
    would be a better idea.

    But to answer the question it depends how vnc is started on your machine.
    The program is called Xvnc (see man xnvc) and the option to change the
    default port is

    -rfbport port
    Specifies the TCP port on which Xvnc listens for connections from
    viewers (the protocol used in VNC is called RFB - "remote frame-
    buffer"). The default is 5900 plus the display number.

    It may be started in /etc/inetd or a file in /etc/xinetd.d in which case
    you need to make the line look more like this

    Xvnc -depth NN -rfbport 80 -more_options

    If you are using /etc/services to define the port then find the entry

    vnc 5900

    and change it to
    vnc 80

    Running another service on port 80 would mean you could not run a web
    server on port 80.

    Jon

+ Reply to Thread