Setup Email Server on FC3 - Linux

This is a discussion on Setup Email Server on FC3 - Linux ; Hello, I just setup FC3. I am trying to make the machine as a fully functional email server and also like to use squirrelmail and egroupware. I started all the relevant services and but unable to get smtp and imap ...

  1. Setup Email Server on FC3

    Hello,

    I just setup FC3. I am trying to make the machine as a fully functional
    email server and also like to use squirrelmail and egroupware. I
    started all the relevant services and but unable to get smtp and imap
    working. I couldn't able to find any documentation on it. Can anyone
    please help?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Setup Email Server on FC3

    Hi Shrank

    I'm doing the exact same thing on my SuSE machine at the moment.

    Where are you having problems - can you elaborate a bit?

    Cheers
    --Colin Horne

  3. Re: Setup Email Server on FC3

    Well i was able to get sendmail smtp and dovecot imap server working. i
    also successfully installed egroupware and got it working. my trouble
    right now is when i add user in egroupware, i also need to create the
    user in FC3 to get his email working. i know that cyrus imap has
    virtual users. i am wondering if i can configure cyrus-imap will adding
    users in egroupware would also create their email accounts? or do i
    need to use web-cyradm to manage users. if users can be managed just at
    one place that would be awesome.

    thanks,

  4. Re: Setup Email Server on FC3

    Sorry, I wont be able to help you out there - I don't know if it's
    actually possible for our systems to be more different :-)

    Cheers
    --Colin Horne

+ Reply to Thread